Best case trimmer??

I ended up getting the LE Wilson with the Sinclair micrometer earlier this year and have been very happy with it. Having to tap the cases out of the case holder is my only concern with the system, but I have not noticed it causing any significant issues so far.

I like the wilson. I had the sane issues with the rcbs and had to loosen the mounting bolts on both sides to essentially float both sides to make it cut the mouth square. I picked up the lcg and am very happy with the results so far. I have been around the wilsons and they are very accurate.

HENDERSON!!! By far a great trimmer if you can spend the bucks. I have the trimmer and as we speak manufacturing a mount to put a variable speed motor on it. Saving several hundred by making my own motor. I have a NIB Hornady Case Prep Center that I am selling at this time, just haven't posted it for sale yet. $475.00

You will get a lot of opinions from this post, I use a lyman collet trimmer that comes with most caliber sizes. Its fast and easy to use, mounted on my reloading bench, would recommend it.
Savage-Do you have difficulty getting NEW brass over the pilot head before you trim? Fired brass is no problem, but if I do get the new brass over the pilot head-it leaves a mark inside the case.

About eight months ago I purchased the Lyman Brass Smith Case Trim X- Press Tool
The reason that I purchased this motorized case trimmer is that it trims cases locating off the shoulder instead of the cartridge case length. This ensures that each case will be uniform in length providing you do your part. ( unless I'm mistaken this is the only case trimmer that locates brass from the cases shoulder which will yield similar results from case to case )
Did I mention that this unit is motorized ! Oh yeah I did already. Am I bad?

Additionally I also own two more Lyman Universal Cases Trimmers which work very well but are slower to process brass shell cases with.( changing mandrels out and setting up for the correct depth of cut, is time consuming in my book)

The unit comes complete with supplied bushings to trim all but the most custom of calibers.( can even trim them if the parent case bushing is supplied with this case trimmer)
Additionally it is supplied with a plastic shroud that when rotated will ketch any and all of your brass shell case shavings making clean up very easy.

This is nice because there are no hidden extra charges for bushings ,cutters or collets!

Unit is supplied with a set of carbide cutters that will last a lifetime and has one of the smallest footprints on any power case trimmer allowing it to sit almost anywhere you have a little room to spare.

This unit also has a variable speed control which allows you to get a nice smooth and square face to your trimmed brass.

You can average a trimmed case between every five - seven seconds which makes your case trimming a snap.

Just check out the videos on the internet and you'll agree!
Food for thought!

I know that there are many case trimmer models and brands to choose from and they all will work providing you put in the effort, however some will function a little easier and smoother than others.

So in the end I suggest that you choose wisely, making a sound decision based on your particular needs!
And it has a micrometer !
I had to buy 4 extra collets for calibers it didn't come with. I love it. Been hand cranking case trimmers for 45 yrs.. Don't ask why it took so long...

Accurate cutting vs speed is more important to me with my long range loads. Good info! Tks
To make clear....the Giraud is as precise as any other trimmer I've used but the cost is only justified, IMO, if doing large quantities. If cost is not a concern it would be my recommendation as it is also faster than any other trimmer by design.

I've been using a Gracey power trimmer for over 25 years, best money I ever spent. Once you get setup for your caliber, changing collets and adjusting the cutters, it only takes one second for each brass. It trims, deburrs, and tapers inside all at once.
Matchprep.com/trimmer.htm

I'm using the Redding 2400, and replaced the cutters with the RCBS three-way cutters. I'm still hand cranking it, even though I have the power attachment, but it is still faster and more precise than what I was doing before. Previously I had been using a Lyman hand-powered trimmer and then doing the inside and outside debur operations by hand. It worked, but not nearly as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.