Best carry sling for heavy hunting rifle

Huntinglife

I'm looking for a good carry strap/sling for carrying a roughly 13 lb bolt rifle at night for coyote hunting. We walk pretty far sometimes and cross creeks, fences, etc. So I'm looking for something that holds it comfortably, secure, and hands free. I'm looking at 3 options from Tab gear, their simple biathlon, prs, and amphibian slings. Also looking at the blue force gear vickers sling. The biathlon looks the most secure and comfortable just worried it would be more difficult to put on and take off in the complete dark. I will not be using the sling for shooting support. Would like it to have quick adjust so I can throw it over my head and shoulder easily with a thick coat on amd then pull it tight with a quick adjust to make it more secure. Then pull the quick adjust to loosen it to make it easy to get off. What carry strap or sling would you guys suggest for this?

for what you are talking I recommend the above. The ones you talk about are great AR or carbine slings but not near comfortable enough for a heavier bolt gun. I use the above for all my hunting and the other you are talking about(blue force, tab, blackhawk) For more run and gun stuff.

I have that PRS sling from TAB and I love it. being able to quickly adjust it is the best feature

I haxe a kafru It is great leaves your hands free/ Not sure how it would work without a back pack though. Although friend put it on his belt and Badlands bino carrier and said it works great. But that was not his heavy rifle. My rifle is 14lbs and carries like it is not there. They mount in front of you. You may want to ;ook at them.

for what you are talking I recommend the above. The ones you talk about are great AR or carbine slings but not near comfortable enough for a heavier bolt gun. I use the above for all my hunting and the other you are talking about(blue force, tab, blackhawk) For more run and gun stuff.
^^^^^THIS^^^^

As mentioned above, Slogan Outdoors.

My 6 BR coyote rifle is 14 lbs. I looked at a lot of slings before purchasing the Slogan. I don't remember the model I purchased, but the strap is 1.5" wide.

You can wear it on your shoulder as you would any sling or wear it like a backpack. It doesn't move or fall off your shoulder when wearing it properly.

If you get the Slogan, try it out first the way it's shipped to you before making any adjustments.

Last edited:
As mentioned above, Slogan Outdoors.

My 6 BR coyote rifle is 14 lbs. I looked at a lot of slings before purchasing the Slogan. I don't remember the model I purchased, but the strap is 1.5" wide.

You can wear it on your shoulder as you would any sling or wear it like a backpack. It doesn't move or fall off your shoulder when wearing it properly.
Thanks for sharing that! I've been looking for a sling for a 15 pounder and now I have my answer.

For a sling, armageddon gear bungee sling. I've used the kifaru system with my backpack and I like the idea. However, because I use a now kifaru pack the top part doesn't seem to work right. Also, I have a stock pack on my rifle and it doesn't fit the holster part very well. All those issues, when it works I like it better than a sling.