Best Bullet for New Mexico Antelope

Lobo

To do long range scouting do a Google search for topo or quad maps and aerial photos. Since you know the hunting unit you can get close. Better still if you have coordinates to enter in a search.

I usually do this for every hunt that I've never been too before. Even if its guided I'mm at least confident in the area, what to expect of elevations, what to expect of terrain.

Plus a call to the local forest service or BLM office will often put you in contact with local folks that will give advice and can advise you of normal weather and extremes.

Good luck, Jeff

Sorry, double post...
confused.gif

[ 08-01-2004: Message edited by: sakofan ]

Me and my dad both got our antelope. My antelope is 15 3/8" long w/ bases that measure 7 1/4". My dads is 14 1/4" long w/ 6 1/2" bases. My shot was my farthest to date @ 452 yards. My antelope is just about a perfect heart shape on the horns. Dads shot was 355 yards if I remember correctly. How do our animals measure up for New Mexico antelope? We sure had alot of fun! We are going to get them B&C scored and I will let yall know what we come up with.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.