Best .277 bullet

Very interesting and thanks! The last time I talked with Marshal it sounded like the 165 needed a 1-8 so I was a little worried about getting them to run out of the 1-9 I have, we may have switched to the 175 in our conversation without me knowing it, looks like I'm GTG!!!

I have a 1 in 9 load work up on my gun is using 169.5 wildcats. I tried the 165 Matrix I was vary impressed out of the first three shoots they grouped less then a half inch @ 100, then we moved to the 500 yard gong connected every shot then to 930 connected 2 out of 3 on a 12 x16" gong just using the same powder charge & seating depth as the wildcats. with some load tuning im sure they will even do better. so in my 1 in 9 they seem to work good.

I know bergers really fragment when they do open up, which im not sure if im comfortable with. I always used a hunting bullet that mushroomed nice and retained its weight so im leary of the bergers. Plus i dont like alot of damaged meat. Wow those Matrix VLD 165 look impressive.

The Bergers work incredibly well.Just don't expect to find your bullet.I have a article coming out on here about a Elk I shot last year at 905 yards with them.Did not take a step.

Bryce

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.