Best .277 cal cartridge?

Mazdayasna

Dearly beloved.... The original Author didn't specify which Bullet merely Caliber. I'd have to agree with you on the Western as I would use it for 130-140 Grain Bullets, and hope to duplicate Hornady RCM 3310fps velocities. We may never know, as the Ammo is only a Ghost for now.

Dosh

I shoot a .270 Wby with Berger VLDs. Had it rebarreled with a Kreiger 1:10. The factory barrel was toast. Haven’t tried it on elk but wouldn’t hesitate to. Great for muleys and antelope. Use the 30/378 for elk.

wv270wsm

I absolutely love my 270 wsm with 130 Hornady sst for whitetail. Very dramatic kills . It’ll flatten them as quick as lighting

Quintus

My favorite has to be the 270Wby with the 110 grain TTSX at 3800FPS. Absolutely beats the wind to 400 yards and really makes a nice hole. I would not use this one on anything over 400 pounds as we have had some limited penetration on a couple of bigger deer with quartering to shots on the shoulder. Dead deer, but could have been trouble if we would have needed another 4 or 5 inches of destruction.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.