berger varmint bullets

wvcountryboy

Just wondering if anyone has tried the berger varmint bullets. I was just wondering if they were the same construction and design as the hunting bullets. I like the "high explosion" factor that the hunting bullets have. If anyone has tried them, how do they shoot?

they are precision bullet. i always try them first in any rifle. i believe the 87 would be awesome in the .243. i have not tried any varmint only hunting and target.

What is the difference in their target and hunting? Have you shot any game with the target? I am interested in their 69 and 80 grain varmint bullets in 243. I may have to buy a box of each. I shoot 338 and 243. 243 bullets are half the price but you have to buy twice as many. Its a shame you cant buy them in 50 cnt. Would be a lot cheaper to experiment that way.

Jeff

the varmint and hunting bullets have thinner jackets so you are on the right track. the 69 and 80 are good choice for " hair flying for 5min" . you need an acurate load and high velocity .. the 88 would b e another good one just a little slower. the 70 baltip and 70 sierra , or 75horn hp too . a max load of I4064 or varget should get you there. i/H 4350 may get you a little more velocity. i do not like the "fur freindly posts" . i have shot a lot of coyotes, using a weak load leads to wounding , they are tough. the loads above get you there let me know. roninflag

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.