Berger for Hunting Bullets

im lost on what to say on berger and smk's. I have used both and at first I was using 190gr. smk's on deer out of a 300win and mixed results. I lost two deer but on the ones I did recover they had 4inch exit holes. Im not sure if it was bullet failure or buck fever of a 13yr. old. I have used the berger 210 out of a 300rum and it was great on ground squirles. never had one run lol. but seriously the biggest thing ive killed with bergers was a yote and it died on spot. A buddy killed a bull with 185's out of a 300rum and he said they worked well.

I am building a 338 edge and will be playing with the 300gr. hybrid. As soon as I connect with anything ill try to do an update. I did use a 300gr. smk out of an 338-378 and it just left about an 8inch entrance hole.

As far as my favorite long range bullet it would have to be the amax's. wish berger would jump on the band wagon with a 300gr. 338 bullet.

Just my expierence though

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.