Berger .277 EOL Extreme Heavy Hybrid 170 Grain.

I don't think I have any left lying around. I only got 75 or so for testing and used them all. Give me a couple days and I will see what I can find.

Not sure on twist rate. My barrel has a 1 in 8 twist, but it was designed for the old 105 gr. wildcat bullets. Man, I wish I had some more of those lying around. My guess would be 1 in 9 would work - as long as you are shooting one of the bigger magnum casings. Addl. velocity can make up for a slightly slower twist barrel.

I don't think I have any left lying around. I only got 75 or so for testing and used them all. Give me a couple days and I will see what I can find.

Not sure on twist rate. My barrel has a 1 in 8 twist, but it was designed for the old 105 gr. wildcat bullets. Man, I wish I had some more of those lying around. My guess would be 1 in 9 would work - as long as you are shooting one of the bigger magnum casings. Addl. velocity can make up for a slightly slower twist barrel.

Thanks, it'll be a couple months before I finalize the print

MontanaRifleman,

Guess what I found in the bottom of my range bag? It's a little mangled because it was pulled from a loaded round with a collet die. If you want it, just send me a PM with your address and I will get it winging your way.

Any updates? I know someone is going to say no not till they catch up on other bullets but come on how long is that going to take.

Not sure myself, but I know that none of the retailers I visit have a full complement of regular Bergers on their shelves yet. But it is getting better. me thinks.

bringing this one back to the top since I am jumping into the 270 ballgame. Just showing that someone is still interested in this bullet. any updates?

bringing this one back to the top since I am jumping into the 270 ballgame. Just showing that someone is still interested in this bullet. any updates?

I don't expect to see any of the 170's until the sporting good store's shelves are filled first with all the standard Berger bullets. IMO, these will be some of the last bullets run by Berger, unless Bob Beck has more stroke with them than he cares to admit. :D

ld love to trysome of these if they ever hit the market!!!

a 270 boolet with a G1 BC in the .700's could be very usefull!!!

Time to bump this up. Bob, you found out anything new from Berger, such as where these bullets are in the line-up? Most of us are getting pretty desperate - not a lot of alternatives out there for us 277 shooters.

Also - Just found out that I finally drew out for bull elk this year (late season). If those EOL bullets don't come soon, I will have to buy another rifle just to go hunt with. C'mon Bob - show us what kind of pull you got with them boys at Berger.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.