Bergara MGLite vs Bergara Divide

PapaPaint

Hey. New to the group, although I've read many posts. Please don't thrash a newbie…I'll try to give you what you need to help me. 😊
I plan to upgrade my "main" hunting rifle to a Bergara. Have researched quite a while and am sold on the "quality by price point".
Plan to get rifle in 6.5PRC for Michigan whitetail (100-200yds), Ontario wolf (80-250yds), Wyoming antelope and mule deer (up to 400yds comfortably at this point), eventual Africa hunt for various "antelope/deer" species.
Would eventually plan to get something in 7PRC for elk and moose.
Question: a little apples-to-oranges, but I am struggling with Bergara Premier MGLite vs Bergara Premier Divide.
I get that the MGLite is intended as a "backpack" gun and has a 22" barrel versus a 24" barrel on the Divide.
- Would like to hear from anyone who has either or both of these…likes, dislikes.
- Am I really giving up that much in accuracy (as example) if I go with the lighter rifle with 22" barrel?
- How much of a plus is the weight and portability of the MGLite?
Thanks!

Accuracy shouldn't be any different although a lot of people have a hard time shooting lighter rifles due to poor fundamentals and the higher recoil.

The 22" will give up a tad of speed but might be more handy in the woods.

Either one will do the job just fine if your planning to buy something bigger in the near future I might lean towards the lighter/shorter one here.

I have a few Bergara rifles, including the Premier Divide. If you are not planning on hand loading or shooting past 600-700 yards for competition or fun, the 2 inch barrel difference will not matter. For all of the examples that you provided (white tail, wolf, antelope and mule deer), the MG Lite perfectly acceptable.

I went with the Premier Divide because I also enjo6 shooting 1000+ yards with my friends and like the feel of the stock it comes with more than a chassis. That is just personal opinion though! When you decide to get another rifle for moose and African game, I would highly consider the 300 PRC. I have been across the pond a couple of times and more than a few of those antelope get very large and a 200+ grain bullet is a good thing to have!

You will not be disappointed with either of the rifles that you are considering.

Accuracy shouldn't be any different although a lot of people have a hard time shooting lighter rifles due to poor fundamentals and the higher recoil.

The 22" will give up a tad of speed but might be more handy in the woods.

Either one will do the job just fine if your planning to buy something bigger in the near future I might lean towards the lighter/shorter one here.
Thank you! Sound advice…especially with a heavier round (7PRC OR 300PRC) coming later.

If you are just hunting rather than target shooting, always go for the lighter option. The older you get, the more you will hate the extra weight when
If you are just hunting rather than target shooting, always go for the lighter option. The older you get, the more you will hate the extra weight when toting it.
Thanks! Nailed it on "The older I get" part. 😉. I'm thinking MGLite for the 6.5PRC and the Divide on the next one.

I have a few Bergara rifles, including the Premier Divide. If you are not planning on hand loading or shooting past 600-700 yards for competition or fun, the 2 inch barrel difference will not matter. For all of the examples that you provided (white tail, wolf, antelope and mule deer), the MG Lite perfectly acceptable.

I went with the Premier Divide because I also enjo6 shooting 1000+ yards with my friends and like the feel of the stock it comes with more than a chassis. That is just personal opinion though! When you decide to get another rifle for moose and African game, I would highly consider the 300 PRC. I have been across the pond a couple of times and more than a few of those antelope get very large and a 200+ grain bullet is a good thing to have!

You will not be disappointed with either of the rifles that you are considering.
Thanks! I had thoughts of the full PRC line-up…possibly holding the 300PRC for if I ever decide to sell a kidney for a Kodiak bear hunt…but perhaps the pairing of 6.5PRC and 300PRC will be all I need.