Bergara B-14 Timber

wilkup

Was just made aware of these rifles and am wondering if anyone has any experience with one.
I know it's not long-range-specific, but just curious what anyone may know.
The action appears to be similar to a Remington 700, but the few bits of information I've been able to gather state it's much smoother and a higher level of craftsmanship.
I'm thinking of picking up one in 308 just because I really dig that classic bluing with walnut look.

Check out their website to see what you think:
Bergara B-14 series Timber rifle

JSP2942.jpg

Pic I found in one of the online reviews

This is a cross thread. I posted on the Fire too.

If the gun is available in the caliber that you want, and the barrel length suits you...GO FOR IT!!!!
I played with one about three months ago, and could not believe the quality for the money! The gun is an OUTSTANDING deal for what they are going for on the street. That company has made quality barrels for a long time. I bet the gun will shoot better groups than most guns costing double what the Bergara costs. Only issue is its European so they usually come with shorter barrels than I like.....

Dave Petzal had really good things to say about the Bergara that he shot. I trust what he says.

That rifle looks amazing. I may have to look into one, as well.

Here's a picture of the two B-14s they have available stateside that I'm able to find.

I went ahead and purchased a Hunter in 308 last night. Practicality got the best of me at the last minute and I realized I'd never take a walnut-stocked rifle hunting.
Here's a couple quotes from over on the Fire which gave me all the judge I needed:
"I've handled a couple at local store. They do indeed seem like an improved 700. Tikka-like smoothness on the bolt. Excellent fit and finish."
"That hunter stock was very, very nice imho. Grippy like the x-bolt, but still quite stiff. Barrel perfectly centered as well. Crisp trigger to boot."

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts