Bergara .22 opinions

FWIW. I was just looking at the BMR last night by watching some review videos. I was getting a little bit excited until I saw they use a Ruger magazine system. While I think the magazines are/were a great Ruger innovation, I think Ruger blew it when they changed the magazine ejection system and put the lever behind the mag and in front of the trigger guard. Personally I think this is a horrible design and much preferred the old flush mount thumb button to pop the mag out. This single feature "turned me off" the BMX which looks to be an otherwise great rifle. Just saying....and still looking at rimfire rifles.

FWIW. I was just looking at the BMR last night by watching some review videos. I was getting a little bit excited until I saw they use a Ruger magazine system. While I think the magazines are/were a great Ruger innovation, I think Ruger blew it when they changed the magazine ejection system and put the lever behind the mag and in front of the trigger guard. Personally I think this is a horrible design and much preferred the old flush mount thumb button to pop the mag out. This single feature "turned me off" the BMX which looks to be an otherwise great rifle. Just saying....and still looking at rimfire rifles.

BD1965
If you are still listening, I rescind my previous comments on the Bergara (not the Ruger). My search for a replacement 22 came down to Tikka T1X, the CZ 457 or the Bergara BMR. I have a Tikka T1X in 17HMR and I really like it....with one exception....it's on the heavy side. What prevented me from purchasing one of these in 22LR was the price gouging. You can't find the Tikkas or CZs anywhere except GunBroker (I'm in WA) and they're CONSIDERABLY marked up above MSRP. I found a Bergara at my local Sportsman's Warehouse and grabbed it. Figured if I didn't like it I'd sell it. I LOVE IT!!!!
1: GREAT trigger...I could not believe there is absolutely no creep and it's adjustable.
2: Rubber butt pad...no sliding around on my shirt as I aim. One of my pet peeves.
3. 2 extractors
4: Very light weight... about 6.5 lbs WITH scope (I got the carbon fiber barrel)
5: 18in barrel...the perfect length for a 22 (my opinion)
6: It shoots lights out! I put 2000 rounds thru it in a month shooting ground squirrels.
I liked this rifle so much, I just bought another in 17HMR. I'm selling my Tikka.

If you are still considering..... I would highly recommend it to you.

Thank u sir for the opinion, I just last week secured a ticket to the Bergara 2022 experience here in TN. So I'll be able to put rounds thru it as well as a few others for the day. Now I am really looking forward to seeing it July 30. Thanks again 👍🏽

I picked up a BMR 22LR 2 weeks ago, I was really impressed with the quality of this rifle! The 30MOA scope rail was rock solid. I mounted it with a Leupold Freedom 3x9x40. Installed a bipod and because it had the threaded barrel I wend ahead and mounted a muzzle brake on it. So far it shoots lights out! Have about 500 rounds thru it and getting less than .5" groups at 50 yards. And I do love the trigger on it.

I picked up a BMR 22LR 2 weeks ago, I was really impressed with the quality of this rifle! The 30MOA scope rail was rock solid. I mounted it with a Leupold Freedom 3x9x40. Installed a bipod and because it had the threaded barrel I wend ahead and mounted a muzzle brake on it. So far it shoots lights out! Have about 500 rounds thru it and getting less than .5" groups at 50 yards. And I do love the trigger on it.
Thanks for the report sir! Steel or carbon barrel?