Opinion's on most accurate semi-auto .22's

The Magnum Research Switch Bolt is an awesome shooter. My son and I both have one with Leupold EFR scopes. They are easily the most accurate 22lr I have seen. 1 hole at 25 yards and around .25-.3 at 50 yards. Haven't shot them much at 100 yards but plan to do a bunch this year. We do shoot chips of clay pigeons from sporting clays on the range burm with 33 clicks added to our 25 yard zero. All shot with simple CCI SV. Can't image what they would do with high end ammo.

Steve

P.S. all of this at 5lbs
I purchased one for one of my boys, we haven't fired it yet is there a break in procedure? also is a .22 scope recommended? I have Leopold VX-II 3-9 I took off a rifle would that work. Thanx

I purchased one for one of my boys, we haven't fired it yet is there a break in procedure? also is a .22 scope recommended? I have Leopold VX-II 3-9 I took off a rifle would that work. Thanx
The Switchbolt doesn't need a break in procedure like a centerfire would. Clean it then shoot it a lot. You'll find the barrel likes to be a little dirty. That Leupold will be fine for plinking, I have the same combo. The parallax is set for 100yards on that scope, you'll want an adjustable scope for competing.

Remember that the Switchbolt stock is clearanced for the charging handle. If you replace the stock with a 10/22 stock it will bind unless modified.

My original Marlin M60 from about 1980 is very accurate, the one I bought in the early 90's and gave my dad is even more accurate. The one my son bought around 2010 is the least accurate of the 3 but it will still shoot thunderbolts into an inch and a half at 100 yards. I've never put good ammo in it to see what it will really do because it'll hit anything you want to hit at a range that doesn't need a real dialing scope etc with cheap ammo that I have.

The Switchbolt doesn't need a break in procedure like a centerfire would. Clean it then shoot it a lot. You'll find the barrel likes to be a little dirty. That Leupold will be fine for plinking, I have the same combo. The parallax is set for 100yards on that scope, you'll want an adjustable scope for competing.

Remember that the Switchbolt stock is clearanced for the charging handle. If you replace the stock with a 10/22 stock it will bind unless modified.
Sounds good thanks for the info.
My original Marlin M60 from about 1980 is very accurate, the one I bought in the early 90's and gave my dad is even more accurate. The one my son bought around 2010 is the least accurate of the 3 but it will still shoot thunderbolts into an inch and a half at 100 yards. I've never put good ammo in it to see what it will really do because it'll hit anything you want to hit at a range that doesn't need a real dialing scope etc with cheap ammo that I have.

I have a marlin model 640 KD Chuckster AC KRO GRUV .22Magnum WMR I got it 2nd hand in the mid 80's Shoots lights out & not fussy on ammo. Referring to your Marlin M60

Recent Posts