Opinion's on most accurate semi-auto .22's

If you aren't interested in upgrading any of the parts, the Magnum Research should be a good one.

Me personally, I would start with a plain 10/22. The first upgrade would be a KIDD trigger. Next upgrade would be a KIDD barrel and Titan stock, or any stock of your choice that will accept the larger barrel.

This is only my opinion, based off my past builds

The Ruger 10/22 have been the most accurate 22's I've had . The one I've shot for 30 yrs will still hit quarters at a 100 yds . The one that has a bull barrel will hit squirrel's at 300 yds .
I do have a vintage Ruger 10/22 Super accurate , needs a major take down & clean up. Hasn't been touched since i bought it in '66or so. I stopped by the local Gun Shop today they do a major take down & cleaning for $50-$60. But i'm not interested to pass it down for sometime yet!

Do people really pay other people to clean their guns?

It was a regular request when I worked the other side of the counter. Usually it stemmed from lack of knowledge, or even fear, on how field strip the firearm, frequently an auto-loader. Sometimes it was just laziness, other times it was an Estate thing and I'd be up to my elbows in Hoppe's etc. for couple of days.

Probably the second most common request with what we called the "Coffee Can Special" being first. A 'CCS' being "I *think* that I found all of the parts, can you put this back together?" The toughest of those, ever, was a thoroughly disassembled Nylon 66.

got to agree with a few here the ruger 10-22 will be hard to beat find a used one order a barrel, trigger group and bolt from Kidd put it in a decent stock and you will have a tack driver of a 22 auto, going this route makes it fun for kids they get to pick certain items , colors and help assemble it

Last edited:
got to agree with a few here the ruger 10-22 will be hard to beat find a used one order a barrel, trigger group and bolt from Kidd put it in a decent stock and you will have a tack driver of a 22 auto, going this route makes it fun for kids they get to pick certain items , colors and help assemble it
By the time you do all that just get a barreled reciever from KIDD with all the other parts and put it in a Titan stock.

Several years ago Midway had a special on a Ruger 10-22 Laminated black stock and a Green Mountain heavy barrel. About the same time Dicks Sporting Goods had a special sale on the Ruger 10-22 carbine, Real good price.
I bought them and put a rifle together, A BSA scope on the rifle.
The rifle had a real heavy trigger in it. The angle was off on the hammer sear. The hammer came back about .050 as you pulled the trigger. Worked on the trigger/hammer geometry and got a smooth 3lb trigger in the rifle. Many cans, targets and squirrels fell to that rifle.
When CZ came out with the 452 American Classic I traded it in on a 452. There is times I wish I had it back.

I'm in the process of building a 10/22 now. So far I picked up a blemish green mountain barrel, a used victor titan stock and ruger bx trigger. Try to keep it on the cheep side I'll post results when I get it put together

A lot of great suggestions here. I have Rugers and Marlins. The Rugers are great and can be modified but something can be said for the micro-groove rifling of the Marlins as well as any 22wmr, in terms of accuracy.

I think adding reliability to the accuracy is a good idea. A bunch of us used to get together and make our own top shot competition ( my wife loved that show) and my crappy old marlin that jammed all the time made me some pretty good money against some pretty expensive 22's.

The Ruger 10/22 have been the most accurate 22's I've had . The one I've shot for 30 yrs will still hit quarters at a 100 yds . The one that has a bull barrel will hit squirrel's at 300 yds .
That's pretty interesting. I would pay money to see that in person.