benjamin nitro

Tikkamike

I'd like to get one just not sure if I want the 22 caliber or the 25 caliber. mostly going to be shooting crows And other varmints. What kind of experience have you guys had with them?

I have a 22 Crosman Venom dusk and a Crosman NPSS in 22. They are both good shooters and plenty for crows,rabbits and squirrels. The 25 cal is a little expensive to shoot,but it would sure do the job. Make sure you get a good air gun scope that will handle the double recoil the air gun produces.

I have a Crosman Titan GP ( 1200'/s) .177. It has great accuracy . It will go through a detergent bottle at 15 yds . I have yet to kill a squirrel in my backyard. Maybe they run off and die , but have had no confirmed kills. I wish I had purchased a larger caliber .

Second thought, spend the money on an excellent .17 HMR and you will be happier . A .17 HMR , 17 Gr @ velocity should blow up if it even hits a twig under 50 yds ? I'm trying to understand the airgun thing.

I have a 17 hmr. Looking g for something to shoot in town. Crows like to eat my dogs food. So as long as I'm feeding g them I figure ill shoot them too. I'm thinking a .257 pellet gun would be pretty sweet

Make sure you clean the gun and clean the bore with GO-Gone and then dry patches before shooting and make sure you check that all your stock screws are tight. Double check your scope mounts. If you put on any scope make sure it is Air Gun Proof! It will take about 200 pellets to season the barrel. They are a bit touchy to grip so practice the artillery hold. The GTA forum has a ton of information.

Ps...never use lite weight pellets (PBA) in your gun. It will destroy your seal.
Crosman cphp hollow points usually work well in this gun

I have a Benjamin Trail NP in .22 and it's pretty sweet. Super quiet with the nitro piston. The only pellets I've shot out of it so far are Crosman Premier hollow points. Out of the box accuracy is terrible, but the groups started to tighten up after maybe around 200-250 pellets through the barrell for break-in. The 3-9x40 scope that came with it is an AO mildot scope that seems to hold zero, but is a terrible pain to get zeroed in because the adjustments are terrible-- think anywhere from 1/64 MOA to around 10 MOA per click.
Longest shot so far was a hit on a big dove at 79 yards. Feathers went flying everywhere, but the dove flew away as if unharmed, so I don't really know what to make of that. At around 25 yards it drops Mynah birds as though it were the hammer of Thor. The noise of the impact of the .22 pellet hitting a bird at 25 yards is actually louder than the sound of the shot, which is pretty cool.
All in all, I'm happy with the purchase.
Wish I had some experience with the .25 to share with you, but I think the .22 would probably suit your needs and you will have a lot more pellets to choose from.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.