Benefits of a Local Gun Store

I live in the country and a small one street light town. There really isn't any small shops around. The next two closets towns have Walmart and Home Depot. The only gun shops around are some pawn shops at the next town and they are caught up with inflating prices. We do have an ACE hardware and Freshway food market. We try to support them most of the time for hardwaree and food. ACE opened a gun shop and archery shop. They still keep prices low whenever they can get inventory. They actually had to purchase a Container of shotgun shells to get some to sell to us locals. That was a great cost for a small shop. All local people have worked there for seem like an eternity. Tyey call you by your name - Mr, or Ms. Its a southern thing being polite. Don't see that at big box store. Support Local!

Just at my local Dicks sporting goods just to browse 9 mm ammo $16.99 box 50 45ACP $21.99 box 50 allowed 2 boxes per customer I didn't purchase anything I just don't need
I will no longer sh
Just at my local Dicks sporting goods just to browse 9 mm ammo $16.99 box 50 45ACP $21.99 box 50 allowed 2 boxes per customer I didn't purchase anything I just don't need
Wouldn't buy anything at Dicks after they quit selling certain firearms! In fact I think the Dicks in Casper quit selling guns and ammo after everyone started boycotting them!

I was looking at a Ruger Wrangler 22lr revolver as a fun plinker.
Of course Bud's had the best price, but after checking my LGS price, in the end, it only cost me $20 more to buy local. I can live with that.
Support your local small business and keep the money in the community.
Not hard to find a few guns online a little cheaper. Shipping and handling usually eat up the difference.
Shop locally.
When all the local stores are gone. You could fall under the gun control we all despise when large corporations ( stores ) are your only suppliers.

I live in the country and a small one street light town. There really isn't any small shops around. The next two closets towns have Walmart and Home Depot. The only gun shops around are some pawn shops at the next town and they are caught up with inflating prices. We do have an ACE hardware and Freshway food market. We try to support them most of the time for hardwaree and food. ACE opened a gun shop and archery shop. They still keep prices low whenever they can get inventory. They actually had to purchase a Container of shotgun shells to get some to sell to us locals. That was a great cost for a small shop. All local people have worked there for seem like an eternity. Tyey call you by your name - Mr, or Ms. Its a southern thing being polite. Don't see that at big box store. Support Local!
Sounds like Social Circle? I've bought several guns from Ace over the years. I love that place. There are no stores that sell components for reloading that I know of around here. I'd sure love it if there were.

When you support the LGS you are supporting your future as well as your children's. Can you buy a firearm cheaper on line, maybe, add in transfer fees and then the loss of revenue forLGS. I drive up to 2 hours to support a couple LGS because they do not jack prices. If my immediate LGS (inside 30 miles) doesn't have or cant get it, I will drive to these other LGS. The time and gas is irrelevant to me. We absolutely NEED to keep these folks alive and well! If you develop good relationships, I have called and they will place what I need behind counter for me knowing I have a drive to reach them. I have also received heads up they got certain items in. Much better than email notifications!!

LGS - hard to beat. I've been fortunate enough to be getting Hornady 212ELD precision hunter for $45.00 a box. Not cheap, but excellent this day and time.
That is cheaper than what I get my bullets for although I don't use the specific ones you mention and powder usually runs $50 a pound but he is very well stocked up until recently my gunsmith also works out of the same store I support them and would not have it any other way

Do you find H4350 better than IMR4350? I have been running IMR4350 but see many posts for H4350. Wondering if I am missing something.
That's funny I have recently heard the opposite a couple of times I use H 4350 and it is a staple among many Shooter's but several articles I have read have me wondering about IMR 4350

Couple days ago I posted up that a LGS had Alliant powder ON SALE! It was normally priced at about $32/lb and there was a $5 off each pound! Just like Midway🤮. I only bought 3 lbs so not to be greedy and all different types. He seems to be able to get powder but not primers. Ammo and Bullets are hard for him to get as well. Figure that one out.

Here in Australia we have two choices, LGS or internet. We cannot buy powder, primers or loaded ammo online here, so LGS is the only option anyway for that kind of thing. The days of buying arms and ammo from the likes of K-Mart are long gone in this country I'm afraid. I always try to support our LGSs as much as possible. I will only buy online if I cannot source locally or the savings are significant. Most often by the time you factor in postage (and import charges if coming from overseas) the savings are minimal anyway.

Sounds like Social Circle? I've bought several guns from Ace over the years. I love that place. There are no stores that sell components for reloading that I know of around here. I'd sure love it if there were.
The story of Social Circle is interesting. You are correct the town I live outside of is Social Circle. There is a road called "Hightower Trail" that went from the Mississippi - East towards South Carolina. It was a common wagon trail in the time before vehicles. A traveler on his wagon with horses or mules was traveling and came to a cross road here in Georgia where there were several locals sitting around a campfire. When the traveler stopped, they asked him if he wanted to join them for a drink (probably shine) and sit by the fire. When he was visiting with the locals the traveler said "Isn't This a Social Circle". From then on, our town got the name "Social Circle". It is a small town and everyone knows everyone along with supporting each other. We also had the famous restaurant "Blue Willow" up until recently. It had authentic "Southern Cooked" meals and tourists came from all over to eat there.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.