Benchmark carbon barrels

Testing light contour Benchmark carbon fiber barrel

BC 1400 rifle caliber 6.5 PRC
Terminus Apollo lite action
ammunition 147 Hornady ELDM scope Trijicon 10 mile 3 x 18 suppressor omega 300 testing without letting the gun cool shooting 37 rounds and then a three shot group at 912 yards
I did not shoot the group at 1000 because the suppressor was so hot and the barrel that the heat coming off the barrel was distorting the target too much so I shot it at 912 yards even then it was very difficult to see the orange dot but I was able to produce this excellent group with a really hot barrel
IMG_9685.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9686.jpeg
    IMG_9686.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9684.jpeg
    IMG_9684.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9685.jpeg
    IMG_9685.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 29
Testing light contour Benchmark carbon fiber barrel

BC 1400 rifle caliber 6.5 PRC
Terminus Apollo lite action
ammunition 147 Hornady ELDM scope Trijicon 10 mile 3 x 18 suppressor omega 300 testing without letting the gun cool shooting 37 rounds and then a three shot group at 912 yards
I did not shoot the group at 1000 because the suppressor was so hot and the barrel that the heat coming off the barrel was distorting the target too much so I shot it at 912 yards even then it was very difficult to see the orange dot but I was able to produce this excellent group with a really hot barrelView attachment 547662
But really….you need someone to teach you how to shoot. lol.

Most of us would be happy to hit the plate. Great shooting.

Thanks. Boy they are proud of them. Are they really worth $350 more than Proof and $400 more than carbonsix?
I'm thinking it's worth it. It's a great smith doing the work with the barrel length and twist of your choice. Proof does offer a prefit for $940 but not in the caliber I was after. I paid a smith to do a prefit for me with a proof blank that was $800 and he charged $650 for it cerakoted which I'm fine with because I know it's quality work. I had this done before carbon benchmarks were available. I prefer benchmark barrels over all others.

Barbourcreek is that just called a light carbon or does it have a specific name? Looks even more svelte than the bartlein thin carbon contours...

Is that the reason for more consistent performance?
A little more weight? Does the thicker tube ensure less distortion from the wrapping and shrinkage?
BM has my curiosity peaked

Is that the reason for more consistent performance?
A little more weight? Does the thicker tube ensure less distortion from the wrapping and shrinkage?
BM has my curiosity peaked
I can't say that forsure, but my 7 Saum from TS is easily the most consistent barrel I've ever had. Thing amazes me every time I shoot it..kinda frustrating though since my match rifles can't come close lol

Looks like it but I'm flipping between tabs on a semi smart phone with a cracked screen.... visually the pic Barbour creek posted looks thinner than a bartlein #4 but the chart makes them look the same.

Recent Posts