Bell and Carlson Medalist Stock

bbradford71

I am looking to start my upgrade to my Savage 300 WSM and have a question before I buy a new stock. I have looked at whats available and have decided that I am going with the Bell and Carlson Medalist Varmint/Tactical stock and do not want to buy the wrong one. How do I know if my rifle (Savahe 300 WSM model 16) is a center feed or a staggered feed? I also noticed that the same stock is available in the 4.275" or the 4.4", not sure which one I have. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I can't for sure help you on the center feed/ stagger question but on the 4.275 or 4.4 , that is the distance between the action bolts , just need to carefully measure from center to center on th two bolts. Use a caliper to get a good accurate reading. In roughly rounded numbers yhe 4.275 is about 4 and 1/4 inchs and 4.4 is just shy of 1 half an inch..

I have the medalist var/tac on my mod 12 22-250 and like it a lot.

If you remove the action from the stock and the magazine comes out with it ,it's a stagger feed . If when you remove the action the magazine stays in the stock it's a center feed.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.