Bell and Carlson M40?

mobertok

Hi everyone, I have a chance to purchase this stock brand new, semi locally at a good price. Just curious if anyone has had good luck with this stock.
Thank you

I bought their Winchester standard M70 stock. Not the same, but they have excellent stiffness and materials. The finish is a bit rough and it will need serious bedding work to be complete. I find the recoil pad pretty good. Dont forget that you may want an ARCA rail for easier use off a tripod!

It is the same stock as found on Remington 700 LR rifles. I have one in 300WM, find the stock bulky, but it shoots off a bi-pod and rear bag quite well. The recoil pad is a Pachmeyer Decelerator, handles recoil very well actually. Have fitted quite a few of these too.

Cheers.

Hi everyone, I have a chance to purchase this stock brand new, semi locally at a good price. Just curious if anyone has had good luck with this stock.
Thank you
It's a decent stock, I had a 700 Long Range in 300 wm in that stock, probably where that one came from. I bedded it with jb weld and it shot very good, but most shoot good right in their aluminum bedding block. They ain't light, but not too heavy. A little square and clunky, good for shooting off a bag. For a bench target rifle or hunting from a blind, ok. I just wanted a kinda M40A5, and I shot that barrel out. But for a hump around hunting stock idk, I'd probably pass. Am taking that action and building a 33 Nosler, in a different stock, probably a ulta-lite Game Warden. I like a vertical grip, imo better for shooting prone.

Thanks to you. I'll mostly be walking short distances and setting up on shooting sticks then glassing and waiting.

I have a Bell and Carlson on my semi-custom 28 Nosler. It's a decent stock, my Savage options were limited. I have one on a Browning A-Bolt II, I'm pretty sure the one that came on my Nosler M48 Liberty is a Bell and Carlson, and the Sako A7 Roughtech that I had was a Bell and Carlson too. They make decent stocks, they're not the best and they're not super wiz-bang or light, but they're better than plastic factory stocks.