Beginner rifles for my young man

danypattt

My 11 yr old son has been asking to take him shooting but I don't have many things that he would be able to shoot comfortably. Anyone have recommendations on a rifle that would be beginner friendly, .22lr preferably.

Thanks in advance

My 11 yr old son has been asking to take him shooting but I don't have many things that he would be able to shoot comfortably. Anyone have recommendations on a rifle that would be beginner friendly, .22lr preferably.

Thanks in advance
Depending on his build, there are a few choices. If you are near a gun store, have him fitted or let him try a few offerings and decide from there. Good luck!

ADDED: What's your budget? Are you looking for bolt, semi-auto, pump, or lever action? Magazine or tubular?

Last edited:
If your putting an optic on I put a eotech on when they had trouble getting behind gun.
For 22s I've kept them all open/peep sights however.

Take a look at the Tikka T1x platform. We started our kids off on them, 16'' barrels - they then migrated to the center fire tikka's after gaining confidence and growth.

The bonus is the center fire t3x lineup is so similar everything will be familiar if/when the upgrades come.
This.

Recent Posts