Bedding the scope base?

samson

I was watching the "How to shoot beyond belief" video and John Burns actually bedded the scope base to the receiver after scoring each side with a dremel tool. What happens if you want to remove them or replace them with another set?

Samson:

I have bedded bases before, if you want to remove them, use a propane torch and lightly heat the base till the epoxy breaks loose. Also you can wipe a little oil on the reciever, you can then remove the base and the bedded epoxy will stay on the bottom of the base, if you have a base that is not machined perfectly. Bases and the old mausers didnt fit too well. I used some powdered aluminum in my epoxy paste, made a good strong filler.

I looked for [ QUOTE ]
Simonize car wax as an epoxy release agent

[/ QUOTE ] (after reading the famous Bart Bob BartB on Bedding but couldn't find it. I picked up some Turtle wax I'll test with one of my old factory barrels.

I have Kirby bore my rail holes to #8-40. I'll be adding 40 MOA CANT, bedding the CANT'ed rails (then re-drilling them perpendicular for #8-40).

BeyondBelief for a reason

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.