Bausch & Lomb 4200 6-24x40 Target Turrets

6mmRemSniper

Hello there!

I have found a lot of good info on this board and figured I would join! Recently I picked up a Remington 700 6mm VLS with a Bausch and Lomb 4200 6-24x40mm scope on it. I have researched this scope as much as possible and overall, people seem to like it's clarity and brightness. I have a question about target turrets.

This is my first true and dedicated long range varmint rifle. I understand roughly how target turrets work however, I am not sure if my scope has them or not. The adjustments on the scope are covered. However, once the covers are off the dial has the standard markings of what I expect to see on a target turret. There are numbers on the stem that tell you how many revolutions you have made and the turret itself has markings of 0 to 5 on it. The rifle is at home right now and I am at med school so I am unable to post pictures but will the next time I am home.

Also if anyone has any personal experience with this scope, I'd love to hear about it. I have ordered all my materials to start reloading and can't wait to see how this setup comes together.

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the board!! I have to ask what exactly is the question you are asking? I have close to the same model, 4-16x50mm Elite 4000. They do have excellent optics, especially for the time they were made. I have never used my scope as a dialer. I sighted my gun in for 300 and that was it. I can tell you these scopes do not have a great rep for dialing. They tend to stick. You'll shoot, dial and see no change, you shoot again after more adjustment and then you see a drastic change. I wasted a good box of shells chasing myself around the target because of it sticking and I not realizing what was going on at first. Once it is there though, it holds true.

Hey Sako, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. I was just a little confused because the scope doesn't have large external turrets like most of the scopes you would see now. But it does seems to have "turrets" underneath the cover/screw-on cap. I was hoping to use it to dial in but I'll just have to screw around with it to see how it works.

Also mine is a 4200 so I wonder if there is any difference in functionality between that and your 4000 model.

As far as I know the internals are the same. If I remember right when they changed from the 4000 to 4200 that was due to the addition of the Rainguard coatings. Only thing you can do is put that scope through it's paces and see how she does. If it tracks true then ya got ya a peach of a rifle setup that will get you good and on your way.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts