Basic info on 41p

RangerWalker71

1- FOR THE NEXT 180 DAYS THE CURRENT RULES APPLY. NOW WOULD BE A GREAT TIME TO GET YOUR SILENCERS.
2- AFTER 180 DAYS CLEO CERTIFICATION GOES AWAY AND IT BECOMES CLEO NOTIFICATION FOR BOTH TRUSTS AND INDIVIDUALS
3- AFTER 18-0 DAYS EVERY RESPONSIBLE PERSON ON A TRUST HAS TO GET A BACKGROUND CHECK INCLUDING FINGERPRINTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS.
4- ATF IS EXPLORING ELECTRONIC FINGERPRINTING IN THE NEXT 180 DAYS AND WILL PROVIDE GUIDANCE.IF YOU WANT TO READ THE ENTIRE RULING HERE IS THE LINK.
https://www.atf.gov/file/100896/download
WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED AS THIS CONTINUES.

So, if I have a trust existing I won't have to do this? How does it apply to future items added to the trust?

So, if I have a trust existing I won't have to do this? How does it apply to future items added to the trust?
Nothing changes until 1 JUl 16.
At that point you will need to send Finger Print cards and Head shots for all members of the the Trust, that have control of your items.
AKA Trustee's.

BUT From now until then nothing changes. As long as your forms are i a pending status with the NFA Branch before then your Good to Go.
I have a huge stock of Class III items and can get you going asap.
thanks
Steve

Rangerwalker,

So after 7/1, I will have to send finger prints and photo, even for cans that I have bought thru my trust in the past?
Plus do the CLEO notification?

Rangerwalker,

So after 7/1, I will have to send finger prints and photo, even for cans that I have bought thru my trust in the past?
Plus do the CLEO notification?

No. Just for new purchases.
Once the new president takes office I hope this goes away quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.