Need some info...

I am having a 6.5 prc built.
Wanting to buy me a suppressor for it.
Trying to get something going pretty quick due to the crazy wait time.
I am new to the suppressor game. I'm needing some pointers and other info on which way to go and why as far as a suppressor goes.
I will use this rifle for hunting and some bench time.

I suggest you contact Nick at Straight Jacket Armory. He supplies suppressors to each shooter at his long range class. Many different makes and models. He would know which one works best. He may even have one in stock he can sell.

Suppressor paper work sent to ATF and they cashed my check in the middle of August of '18. I called them last week to check on status. The nice lady said status was pending. When I applied wait time was 4 to 6 months. It's really disappointing.

Brother has a dakota silencer one. they just changed their name to Silencer central to go more national. It seems good and can be cleaned if you wanted to run a 22lr on it. I have a harvester 30 cal and it works well. Want a hybrid to suppress my 338 federal and been wanting a 375 ruger and they say it works on that. I emailed a guy at silencerco and they said something about new version of the hybrid coming out so waiting on that since i don't need it right now so going to see what it is and how much it is. But won't give me the details until they release it so not sure I heard it on his podcast thats on hiatus. So only brands I have tried is what they call the banish now and harvestor but haven't had problems with either. They are both 30 cal cans. Every thing else is rimfire. Silencer central shipped it right to my house when tax stamp came in so that is a plus if they work in your state.

TBAC,Crux,silencer co all good choices. I think I'm at 22 stamps between cans, sbr's, 2 sbs's. I have cheaper models and the most expensive ones. Poi shift is negligible on all of them. Weight and the tone of them seem to be the only difference. Find what fits your needs weight and price wise and get the paperwork started. Since 2012 when OK legalize them to hunt I've been buying and shooting suppressed. Wait times haven't ever been good ( waiting on the government is never fun). I've had them from 3-17 months. I got to the point where I would buy one and kinda forget about it then get a surprise phone call from the gun store saying one came in. Once you start shooting suppressed a lot you won't want to shoot not suppressed.

Lots of great options these days. TBAC seems be the top choice if you want something light and accurate. I have a SiCo Omega as well which has been flawless.

if you are handy in the shop with a drill press or have a lathe or mill available you could always file your paperwork for a form 1 then do your homework while waiting for the approval-- 13.6 oz, all titanium, 9.8", 30 cal, DT, can disassemble for cleaning cost me $250 + stamp-- works just as well as my friends $1000+ can

suppressor forums will get you all the info you need to build one or buy one

try mile high shooting supply in Erie colorado, they are a big volume distributor of TBAC suppressors. I was able to snag a ultra 7 without the 6 month wait through TBAC themselves. Now just waiting on the BATFE.

If you want full-auto rated it is going to be heavy. I don't want heavy, I want LIGHT, easy to disassemble, clean and re-assemble, and superior decibel-reduction.

Here is the Dakoka Silencer Banish 223 in action. I have the Banish 30 on order.

After having a Banish I have zero interest in any other suppressor. 100% titanium; precision engineered.

I have lots of friends with other makes. Some are heavy, some are hard to disassemble, none are as good.

I goofed around with research for over a year, worrying about which one to get. Eventually pulled the plug on a Ultra7. Since most cans get good reviews, it fell down to weight. This one is one of the lightest and heard nothing but positive reviews. Yes I could have saved a bunch going cheaper, but if I was going to wait a year and maybe never buy another one, why skimp just because of price. Although now I'm waiting for a Hybrid so I can use it on my 338
Regarding wait times;
Every once in a while you will hear about a short turn around time. It is rare. It's been 10-12 months for a while. I would have got my TBAC and my 22 can at 10 months if my trust paperwork didnt need an ammendment. Got one at 364 days and the other at 11mo.

A couple of other things -- my Banish 223 has SHRUNK the groups on every rifle I have put it on, on average about 25%. Also, the Banish 30 is modular -- for hunting or a small report caliber you can run just the 7" main section, but if you want as much sound reduction as possible you add the front 2" section. It also has available extra end-caps that have a smaller hole for calibers smaller than 30. The Banish 30 with a 223 end-cap will not reduce the sound quite as much as a Banish 223 will, but they say it is very close.

I have a SilencerCo Hybrid and love it. It will shoot anything from 22 to .458 and is also rated for full auto. Disassembly is easy and they have adapters to fit just about anything. I will likely own a Tbac at some point, but it will be for a specific rifle. My Hybrid is my fun can that I bounce around on different guns.
I don't own a hybrid but my my buddy does. If you were going to own just one suppressor that is the way to go, and they are in stock. https://www.silencershop.com/silencerco-hybrid-46.html

I don't own a hybrid but my my buddy does. If you were going to own just one suppressor that is the way to go, and they are in stock.

True, but you give up a lot of suppression when you shoot .2xx bullets in baffles that have .45x holes in them. Definitely not what I want when I'm shooting p-dogs with a .204 or .223, and want maximum suppression.

With TBAC you can buy a 7" or a 9" in 30 cal. With the Banish (also 100% titanium) you get BOTH a 7" and 9" all in one.

My 223 Banish:

ZJju.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.