Base to Ogive on Berger Bullet

I was reloading for.my 6.5 Creed using Berger 140 EOL, and would measure CBTO on each one and noticed sometimes it would seat .0035 deeper. I re-adjust my seating die, pull bullet and reseat to correct CBTO, then I get one about .0035 to .0045 longer, then have to re-adjust again and then end up seating deeper than previous again. I checked my die, nothing moved, then got to thinking about the bullet, and just measured base of bullet to Ogive and noticed some measured .709, .711, .7125, .713 and the worse was .7145. Do you guys verify your CBTO and notice changes in your seating depths ever so often? I am working on load development and about to pull my hair out with the seating depth changing as much as it was. I had even changed dies at one point in another session thinking the die was an issue..
What I do is set the die for my OAL seat 1 bullet for the length I want then back off 1/4 turn. Seat the next bullet and walk it in until it's what I want. Tedious but it gives me the OAL I'm after. HTH. :D