• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Bartlein #3 6.5MM 1:8 5R Blank

Monttrap04

New condition Bartlein #3 6.5mm 1:8 stainless blank with 5R rifling. Finish length would be 26". I bought this off here a month or so back and am going to go with a different contour for my project.

Asking $325 TYD

Since this man's ad is already mucked up, and since much of your activity on this site has been in the classified section, being silver shouldn't keep you from having a reasonable amount of intelligence either.

The answer is going to be the same regardless of who answers. It doesn't have any flutes. If it had flutes he wouldn't be asking $325 for it. It would bring $425 or more.

Is the barrel still available? If so #3 that would be like a factory hunting contour correct?

Not fluted.

#3 Bartlein is comparable to the factory contour on the ruger .300 win mag and .25-06. Heavier than a standard sporter.

Apparently EDD has never bought from a motivated seller before. I've bought things way under money before, seen thing sell on here that way before, it was unlikely the guy would start out that cheap, but sure didn't feel it should of been worth the effort to post a smart a post about it either. I'm going to go pick up a unshot sw 500 mag I bought from a guy tonight for $725