Barrel vise options

hesse

Hello gentlemen and ladies I am looking for a barrell vise that does not use wood blocks or bushings what's out there for options what are the pros and cons of the ones you've used. This is going to be used a lot for savages with a barrel nut. Thanks for your help

For many years I used a homemade ACTION vise made out of 2X6 sections and using threaded rods to clamp the action in. I finally broke it on about the 10th build trying to break loose a factory Remington barrel.

If you clamp the barrel I'm not sure how you will accomplish that without blocks or bushings, particularly if you don't want to chuck the barrel when you take it out.

Hello gentlemen and ladies I am looking for a barrell vise that does not use wood blocks or bushings what's out there for options what are the pros and cons of the ones you've used. This is going to be used a lot for savages with a barrel nut. Thanks for your help
I have a FARRELL barrel vise. Works awesome and no bushings. No scratches. It is made from aluminum. 2 big bolts that take an 1 1/8 inch wrench. I have had barrels that needed a 4 foot pipe on the action wrench and it doesn,t slip. I highly recommend. Got it from brownells if I remember right

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.