Barrel question!

BenY 2013

Ok I have a stevens 200 in .308, and I am kicking around the idea of buying a new barrel. Any reccomendations? I am limited on funds so it can't be extra expensive, I would love to be able to install it myself but wouldn't mind taking it to a smith! Thanks in advance!

Isn't Stevens the same as Savage subject to verifying which shank size you have? If so, look at Brownells, Midway, and Eabco. They have pre-chambered and threaded barrels for Savages.

Isn't Stevens the same as Savage subject to verifying which shank size you have? If so, look at Brownells, Midway, and Eabco. They have pre-chambered and threaded barrels for Savages.

That is good idea; also PacNor can send you a chambered barrel. It will need to be threaded for your action; and any of those suppliers can identify it for you.

But you will need go and no go headspace guages to install it yourself. This is not difficult.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.