Barrel Length help

MICHIGUNHUNTER

I am planning on get a barrel made for my T/C Encore in .17 Win Super Mag. I am not sure on the length I want. I emailed Winchester and they said 26" and Federal said 22"-24". I have been searching the internet for a couple of days now and cant find any info on barrel length and velocities for this round. Has any one actually done chronograph tests regarding this.

Most of fhe material I've read on it lean toward he 22 inch barrel. Apparently it shoots as well as the longer barrelled rifles, reduces the weight over the longer barrelled rifles and is easier to move around with in the field.
If you're building a custom rifle i's always pretty easy to go with the longer barrel and give it a try. Cutting of a barrel and re-crowning is a very simple task (for your gunsmith) if you later decide to shorten it up.
Have you looked here:

http://www.accurateshooter.com/huntingvarminting/winchester-17-win-super-mag-rimfire/

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.