Barrel Harmonics Testing

4 sounded .like a lot of fun though
My friend had his M70 375H&H done couple of decades ago and I shot that rifle. Muzzle rise and kick was reduced. When I got mine, I chose a radial muzzle brake custom to the rifle and was able to aslo keep my iron sights. If I choose, I can remove it. Magnaport is final. They used to do them to revolvers and pistols as well. That was the thing back in the day.
mpr1.jpg
magnaport-addl1.jpg
mg007.jpg

I have two Harrells tuner brakes, both on 6 Dashers, one 4 Groove Krieger, 8T, and the other a 3 groove, 3R, 8T from X caliber.

Harrells tuners work. My next Harrells will be the tactical for a Krieger 308.
I am thinking about a tactical for a 300WBY MKV. Got a b/day coming up, maybe the kids will buy it for me. All my other brakes are radial, thinking of trying one on the sides.

My friend had his M70 375H&H done couple of decades ago and I shot that rifle. Muzzle rise and kick was reduced. When I got mine, I chose a radial muzzle brake custom to the rifle and was able to aslo keep my iron sights. If I choose, I can remove it. Magnaport is final. They used to do them to revolvers and pistols as well. That was the thing back in the day.
mpr1.jpg
magnaport-addl1.jpg
mg007.jpg
I know what you meant. But it wasn't what you typed. And I did find it quite interesting though being a bachelor. lol

I didn't read what others have posted yet. Positively one can use the rubber things to dial in a load just like one can with a barrel tuner. One must start right at the stock and fire two. If they aren't close together move it about 1/8" towards the muzzle. Repeat till you get fantastic results.

Sorry for your troubles. This is one of the reasons I opted for the LR over the MS. Good luck!
Hey FEE NIX,I lived in Billings for 26 years ,loved it did a lot of hunting in the 60's -80's GOD I MISS IT!! Pete
It is a system, however, weight seems to be able to "adjust" harmonics (origial BOSS idea). this explains it a little better than I can
You want the bullet to exit when the muzzle is at a certain position. Chris Long wrote about it long ago.
You can Adjust the load, or weight on barrel, or a combination.

I've been using the self timing beast brakes for a while now. Although they are not as fine as the EC or others. I have tuned 2 of the 3 rifles I have them on. The 300 win I am load developing will see after I find seating next range trip. Basically time it shoot back out 1 rev re-tighten shoot for 5 revs. You will see a sweet spot. 2 are in a chassis and 1 is a fiberglass stock. The 2 done showed distinctly what it wanted. Any self timing brake can tune to some extent.

My only experience with a tuner was with a Browning BOSS. It worked really good.
I did seating while fire forming. Found a forgiving powder charge, per my chronograph. Dialed in tightest grouping with the tuner.
Went to cold bore accuracy tuning with powder tweaking. Pretty much done right there.

I did not like a break though. Ended up swapping to the non-break BOSS tuner, and dialing it back in. That was easy.
Probably killed ~300 groundhogs with it, and then destroyed it..
Blew off the tuner, split barrel, expanded action ring, by leaving laser pointer in muzzle (for setting up chrono screens) and firing a shot!
In my top 10 dumbest moves for sure.
View attachment 450306
The thing about the BOSS system is that is really is a system (not just a threaded break).
It's weight may have been was set per barrel profile & cartridge/timing. They use a special hard rubber bedding with it.
They seem to know their stuff. https://patents.justia.com/patent/5279200
Their system likely focuses on dialing in factory ammo (arguably the biggest potential for tuners).
I have read about leaving laser pointer in the muzzle. I don't have one and now I don't think I'll get one either.

I installed a cable from muzzle laser pointer to a dummy round (a rod) which I now chamber with use of the pointer.
I don't want to have to purchase a chamber laser for every cartridge. The muzzle laser is universal.

more than one ways to skin the cat
The AimShot came with bushing to pretty much cover most of the calibers I own, but I understand having to buy more bushing.