Barometer, Hygrometer, Thermometer, Anemometer, GPS

hmbleservant

I'm looking for the CHEAPEST not the most CONVIENIENT way to purchase all these and have the ability to take accurate readings for shooting. Later on I will get a Kestrel or something nice like that.

Anemometer, Thermometer= $20.00
I was advised that the Caldwell Wind Wizard was good enough

Barometer, Hygrometer= $30.00
Anybody have any advise on something cheap that will read accurately?
What about something like this... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003N3C8JW/?tag=lrhmag19-20

The main thing is I just want it to read actual and not receive signal from weather station or something like that.

What do y'all use for Hygrometer and Barometer (by y'all I mean...those less fortunate:D)

Oh yeah and same for a GPS (basic handheld...saves waypoints...that's all)
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I say get a Skymaster for $120, it'll do all you need. A gps is handy for marking points, plus I don't use the altitude setting on a weather unit that measures it off of the BP and a gps will give you a more accurate altitude reading. I have a cheap $90 gps from WalMart and a Garmin Rhino that cost about 3 times as much. The Rhino never gets used, the cheapy is a lot more user friendly. I used it as a backup in Iraq on a couple deployments.

you can do it cheaper, with multiple instruments, but there's nothing quite as good as a single unit that will provide all the atmospheric data you need. A buddy of mine has a couple of instruments and when we get together, rather than mess with gear, he relies on my kestrel.

$200 might be a lot of money, but worth every dime...

KestrelMeters.com | Kestrel 3500 Weather Meter

you can do it cheaper, with multiple instruments, but there's nothing quite as good as a single unit that will provide all the atmospheric data you need. A buddy of mine has a couple of instruments and when we get together, rather than mess with gear, he relies on my kestrel.

$200 might be a lot of money, but worth every dime...

KestrelMeters.com | Kestrel 3500 Weather Meter

+1 on the Kestrel 3500. LR shooting isnt cheap

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.