Barnes match burner bullets?

zr600

I seen the Barnes match burner 145 instock. Looked them up and the bc is listed at .703, has anybody shot these and was the bc close at all? Seems like it's a little high. Were the bullets accurate?

The 105 and 112 6mm burners seem to be doing ok for a few of us that have shot them. I don't know of anyone that has shot any others.

Applied Ballistcis gives it a G1 of .663 which still seems high but even if it's close that is very respectable.

I use the 171 MB in my 7/08. They shoot great, in fact the most accurate bullet in that rifle.

6.5? To long for a 6.5 creedmoor, Savage Axis.
Not uncommon.
Savage freebore is often short. I had a 308 that would jam factory Federal GMM ammo as well as a short throated 260 Rem.
However... I have a factory Savage Storm long action 6.5-284 Norma hunting rifle that has the longer throat and shoots the same load as my LR custom build into very small clover leaf groups.

I don't care about the length or if it will mag feed. It's going to be a 6.5 creedmoor, but it will only be for target and steel shooting so length doesn't matter to me, just want to know how close the bc is, and if people have had good consistency accuracy out of them?

I don't care about the length or if it will mag feed. It's going to be a 6.5 creedmoor, but it will only be for target and steel shooting so length doesn't matter to me, just want to know how close the bc is, and if people have had good consistency accuracy out of them?
My buddy shoots the 145's. I've shot the 140's.
The 145's are very long. I tried some that he gave me but the OD was slightly larger giving me a tighter neck tension.
They shot ok in my rifle but I stayed with the 140's for LR steel due to load the load I already had.

To answer your question of true BC... I think he said they are not as high as advertised. I think he told me more like .660-.670, but definitely not .700.

I seen the Barnes match burner 145 instock. Looked them up and the bc is listed at .703, has anybody shot these and was the bc close at all? Seems like it's a little high. Were the bullets accurate?
AB has them listed as G1 .663 and G7 .34

The 140 MB's shoot very will. I believe they are Sierra bullets actually but I could be wrong. Wouldn't hurt to call Barnes.
They Benefit from being tipped as well, lowers bc slightly but increases consistency

I tried them in my 6.5 PRC ... did not use them as groupings were a little too inconsistent in my rifle (Bergara Premier HMR PRO)

Recent Posts