Barnes LRX

Out of my 375 H&H they're lasers, 3 shots @ 200 and this but at 342.
IMG_0890.jpg
IMG_0898.jpg

Well there's a rule of thumb that loads under 60grs indicate an LRP, over 60grs, LRMP. That was something I read a long time ago and it has been useful for me since I use stick powders in larger volume cases (over 45-50grs). Now that there are "ball" powders like 6.5 Staball, that might have to be revised.

I have a few boxes of 145's for the 280 AI. Plan to work on this through the summer.
If I remember right, graduations on the Tract Toric BDC scope work out pretty nifty at around 3050 Muzzle velocity and a 200 yard zero.

Well there's a rule of thumb that loads under 60grs indicate an LRP, over 60grs, LRMP. That was something I read a long time ago and it has been useful for me since I use stick powders in larger volume cases (over 45-50grs). Now that there are "ball" powders like 6.5 Staball, that might have to be revised.
That is pretty well what I use to go by but over the years I've revised this. I now feel that under 50 grs with stick powders I start with a LRP. Over 60 grs and I use a LRMP. Between 50 and 60 grs I test both and with ball powders regardless of grain quantity I start with a mag primer. JME