Ballistic rangefinder like Leica 1600b???

joelpresmyk8

I was looking at the Leica 1600b and like all the features it has as far as the temperature, barometric pressure, and look angle to the target. But I won't be shooting as far as that thing can range. Max I would need is 1000 yards but I want the features listed above^ Are there any rangefinder like that?? Thanx for your time!

I was looking at the Leica 1600b and like all the features it has as far as the temperature, barometric pressure, and look angle to the target. But I won't be shooting as far as that thing can range. Max I would need is 1000 yards but I want the features listed above^ Are there any rangefinder like that?? Thanx for your time!

lightbulbYes there are, but the 1600/B are by far the best bang for your buck. lightbulb

I have the 1600 since 2011 and have ranged objects and game beyond 2K yards in Montana's adverse weather conditions.

It fits perfectly in a shirt pocket, pretty handy for bow hunting.

Good luck!

lightbulbYes there are, but the 1600/B are by far the best bang for your buck. lightbulb

I have the 1600 since 2011 and have ranged objects and game beyond 2K yards in Montana's adverse weather conditions.

It fits perfectly in a shirt pocket, pretty handy for bow hunting.

I agree. I love mine(Leica). I also had a Zeiss and it was great also. I just do not like Zeiss's customer service.

Ya, the Leica is rad, I had a Nikon RifleHunter 1000, used to have a hard time grabbing 700 yrd readings, took it back and exchanged it for the Leica 1600b, no comparison. Way better glass and consistent easy ranging.

I have the Zeiss and it seems to be pretty good. A little on the larger side. Is the leica 1600 enough of an upgrade to consider one? Thank you

If you want to range/shoot to 1,000 yards, don't buy a 1,000 yard rated unit. Most are only capable of their max rated yardage on large reflective targets. The Leica 1600B will serve you well for many years.

Bob

The Leica 1600b the B stands for "Bad to the Bone " One guys says in Montana wilderness he ranged things 2,000yards + I can top that I can range the moon on clear nights in yards .Yes it does fit in your pocket comfortably .

The Leica 1600b the B stands for "Bad to the Bone " One guys says in Montana wilderness he ranged things 2,000yards + I can top that I can range the moon on clear nights in yards .Yes it does fit in your pocket comfortably .

Are you calling me a liar?

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leica-rangemaster-1600-crf-initial-test-80522/

The ability to range a target is one thing, accuracy and consistency is another issue.

- 10-500 yards: +/- 1 yard
- 501-1000 yards: +/- 2 yards
- >1000 yards: +/- .5% yards

(SOURCE: User's manual page 27)
Sorry mine failed your "range the moon test" unlike yours !!!

BTW, if you have anything to contribute to the discussion like others before you, by all means share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JGARHaQghRI#t=4

Last edited:
I'm sure that the Leica is a great rangefinder but before you buy it check out my post regarding Leica customer service.

Not trying to rain on your parade now, but if it breaks you are SCREWED!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.