Leica 1600B Rangefinder question

Sika Slayer

Can anyone tell me if you can set the 1600B up just to measure line of site, and just use my phone app or card to apply all the variables . Going to use the app for wind adjustments anyway, so just trying to simplifying the procedure.

The first distance displayed by the 1600B is the slope distance. The equivalent horizontal range is displayed shortly after.

back to the book for me (if i can find it haha) mine gives the first range and then moa holdover .

Yeah when everything else fails read the user manual :) I have mine set up so that the first number up is the actual distance . The second number up is the corrected distance or equivalent horizontal distance. Then if need be I can push the secondary button and get look angle in degrees, temperature and barometric pressure which can be entered into your shooting solution...I use a iPhone and Shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.