Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

@nralifer my thinking is if the bearing surface is very short the HBN coating my not be as effective as bullets with a higher amount of surface contact. After reading of some of your velocities I'm guessing that the surface contact is low on your bullets so the HBN coating might not be needed. What are your thoughts or findings on this?
It's enough for me to try 👍

@nralifer my thinking is if the bearing surface is very short the HBN coating my not be as effective as bullets with a higher amount of surface contact. After reading of some of your velocities I'm guessing that the surface contact is low on your bullets so the HBN coating might not be needed. What are your thoughts or findings on this?
In most of my HBN guns I treat the barrel also, shooting a reduced load for the 1st shot after treating the bore.

GS coats it's bullets and the results I saw when I shot them was that sd's were super low and consistent no matter the how well they shot. Unlike other experiences with other bullets. In that rifle (300 wby) I was using imr 4350 per their recommendations of using a faster powder than I though I should. I had a Crony and thought it was acting up when I started seeing the consistency in speed but the groups were not as good as other loads. Then when it came in to shoot way higher than I expected speedwise it would shoot cold bore to too hot to touch into a hole. I would have loved to try some of the new powders like Rl16 or stabil 6.5 etc.

GS coats it's bullets and the results I saw when I shot them was that sd's were super low and consistent no matter the how well they shot. Unlike other experiences with other bullets. In that rifle (300 wby) I was using imr 4350 per their recommendations of using a faster powder than I though I should. I had a Crony and thought it was acting up when I started seeing the consistency in speed but the groups were not as good as other loads. Then when it came in to shoot way higher than I expected speedwise it would shoot cold bore to too hot to touch into a hole. I would have loved to try some of the new powders like Rl16 or stabil 6.5 etc.
Are you talking about GC Custom? https://www.gscustomusa.com/

I shot an email over to badlands looking for what they'd recommend for my 22" 1:8 twist 300PRC and Hawkins hunter max mag length of 3.770"( not sure I'd have mag room for the 205gr ) Unfortunately I just got a generic email with the same info as their websites bullet selection page. Also curious what the difference is between the BDII and SBDII. I browsed through dozens of pages on this thread and never found what I was looking for. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

I shot an email over to badlands looking for what they'd recommend for my 22" 1:8 twist 300PRC and Hawkins hunter max mag length of 3.770"( not sure I'd have mag room for the 205gr ) Unfortunately I just got a generic email with the same info as their websites bullet selection page. Also curious what the difference is between the BDII and SBDII. I browsed through dozens of pages on this thread and never found what I was looking for. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks
The answer is progressive improvements in hollow point function and BC. All the BD2 bullets are able to expand at 200 fps lower impact speeds than the original BD line. That is as good or better than almost all lead core and all other copper bullets. The BD 2 line also has had increases in BC which further extends their effective range. This allows the reloader to have non-toxic ammo that is reliably effective to 750-1000 yds at reasonable muzzle velocities and retain very high reliable penetration at close ranges without excessive and unnecessary meat damage, unlike many lead core and fragmenting copper bullets. In the SBD2 line the BCs are maximized for 1000 yd+ ranges, especially at high altitudes. This is achieved largely through longer more efficient low drag ogives which also have the effect of lowering the impact velocity for expansion to some degree. The SBD2 bullets are longer, and will benefit from being shot from longer actions, say 3.2-3.3" in length. They also do very very well in the new shorter fat cases such as Shermans, 6.8 Western and the older, but highly efficient WSMs and SAUMs.

He said the BD2 and SBD2 not the BD vs BD2.

The answer seems to be the SBD line all has really high BC's and require twist rates just about no standard cambering calls for. It's very likely that to stabilize and SBD bullet, you have a custom barrel with a faster than factory twist.

Thanks for the reply's, it just so happens badlands just followed up to their original email. "The Super Bulldozer line has longer ogives, and are longer overall length. They don't usually fit in standard magazines, or work in standard twist rates. Your build seems well suited for the Super Bulldozer with its tight twist and long magazine." Based on their information I'm going to try the 205gr SBII.

Is there a load data file compiled anywhere here for badlands bullets? I know hammer hunter and absolute hammer each have a thread that has folks data all neatly compiled.

Thanks for the reply's, it just so happens badlands just followed up to their original email. "The Super Bulldozer line has longer ogives, and are longer overall length. They don't usually fit in standard magazines, or work in standard twist rates. Your build seems well suited for the Super Bulldozer with its tight twist and long magazine." Based on their information I'm going to try the 205gr SBII.

Is there a load data file compiled anywhere here for badlands bullets? I know hammer hunter and absolute hammer each have a thread that has folks data all neatly compiled.
What I normally se recommended is to follow
Barnes TSX/TTSX data for similar weight bullets. I've found best accuracy .030-.050 off the lands.