Bad sendero?

Fan of the 1911

Bought a used 7mag sendero last spring, was side tracked with building a home, and moving. Getting around to dialing it in, it shoots factory ammo fine, have changed the scope, and mounts, and re worked the factory trigger. The problem now seems to be with point of impact shift when the stock is removed. I found that my stock was touching the barel around the swivel stud and at the chamber. I enlarged the barel Chanel and was going to bed the action when I decided to order another stock, I was going to have to adjust the comb height any way so I bought an adjustable stock. I had always wondered what it was like for a stock to fit me. Well I received it today and the barel is so tight down the length of the chanel that no paper will go between the stock and the barel. This stock is for the heavy varment barel any ideas? I hate to modify a new stock that cost as much as this.
Thanks, William.

I would get some wood dowel a little smaller than your barrel diameter, some sandpaper and float it first to see what that does.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.