Bad Idea???

Boretech carbon remover.....it removes copper too by the way.
But they won't advertise this because they also sell a copper remover:rolleyes:.

Been wanting to try both. I love the BT Eliminator. Think using the carbon and or the copper remover is any better or faster than Eliminator?

I don't know where I read it but I read a couple times that it's best to keep that clearance down to .005-.010
I'm sure this is easy enough information to find -because it's correct. Tighter chamber end clearance is best.
It's larger clearances that produce sooting down necks, all the way onto shoulders (for your clearances). This sooting builds up(as a carbon ring) in the chamber neck in front of loaded case mouths, wherever they are. The blowby from so much clearance also messes with neck sealing, increasing ES/SD.

Tighter clearance at chamber end increases the angle of blowback, making it harder for gas to get past a sealing case mouth. So with tighter chamber end clearance, and rational neck clearance, there is little to no neck sooting.

On the question of variance in chamber end clearance; if you're going to be building a carbon ring in the chamber neck, seems like you will, then at least manage this(with cleaning) so that it doesn't get so thick as to interfere with neck expansion on firing. Beyond that, normal variances in neck lengths produce no measurable difference in neck tension or velocities. So I wouldn't worry about this, and definitely would not trim them all to a shortest length.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.