Bad eyes or technique?

EarlJr

Dose anyone else have problems seeing through scopes. With my glasses on I can't see through the scope and without the world is fuzzy. I've tried Vortex, Burris and leupold. I have the same problems with holographic sites where the retical is just a massive blur. I love the extra layer of difficulty with pistol hunting but would drop it in a second to keep from chancing unethical shots.

I suffered from myopia, which in my later years became better (I now no longer need glasses). However, as I aged, my ability to see the reticle clearly became difficult no matter how I adjusted the ocular lens. I discovered that I could actually see the reticle better with uncorrected vision.

Same with holographic sites as well. I now can see both quite well.

Depending on your specific eye sight, you may have to try adjusting the ocular lens to extreme positions or try without them for the shot. I know, not ideal, but try something. I even spoke with my eye doctor about a solution, but mine resolved itself as I aged.

I used to wear contact lens, and that posed more of a problem with scopes than I wanted. I started wearing glasses to do load development and looking over the top of my glasses while shooting. That worked best for me.

I have used this!!!

Attachments

• BULZ EYE 5.jpg
    BULZ EYE 5.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 63
  • BULZ EYE PRO 4.jpg
    BULZ EYE PRO 4.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 60
  • BULZ EYE PRO2.jpg
    BULZ EYE PRO2.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 64
  • BULZ EYE PRO3.jpg
    BULZ EYE PRO3.jpg
    297 KB · Views: 56
  • BULZ-EYE PRO 1.jpg
    BULZ-EYE PRO 1.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 58
I have a very difficult time shooting any optical sight with my glasses (progressive lenses) on. I have found that the older I get the farther back I have to move the ocular lens on conventional scopes.

Above comments are puzzling to me. I'm starting groundhog hunting now. Using only handguns since I don't own any rifles. So far I've used Burris 3-12X, Bushnell 2-6X, Simmons 2-7X, Burris 2-7X scopes and front bead-rearV open sites on my handguns. All I've done is tilt my head very slightly and sight pictures are excellent with my progressives that I've had for many years. I'm probably older than most here.

Above comments are puzzling to me. I'm starting groundhog hunting now. Using only handguns since I don't own any rifles. So far I've used Burris 3-12X, Bushnell 2-6X, Simmons 2-7X, Burris 2-7X scopes and front bead-rearV open sites on my handguns. All I've done is tilt my head very slightly and sight pictures are excellent with my progressives that I've had for many years. I'm probably older than most here.
Howdy, wish you well in your quest to be the King of Groundhog Hunter. đź‘Ť

I have only shot a couple of handguns with a Scope mounted. Holding it 10" to 2'
away from my eye. Straight in front of me.
Compared to a rifle being 3 to 4" from my eye, resting my cheek on the stock, trying to be consistent every time.
That is Puzzling. 🙄

I'm of the opinion that it depends on whether you suffer from myopia vs presbyopia. I suffered from myopia and over time, had to adjust the ocular lens of the scope outward as my eyesight worsened. As time went on and my eyes got better in terms of myopia, I no longer needed to adjust the ocular lens outward so much.

If you have presbyopia, then likely your ability to focus the reticle, as well as use the scope period, would be better suited than for a person who deals with myopia, I believe.