Baby Pig Distress --- Success You have got to try this

geo4061

The sun was just coming up on our left. We were over looking the head of a small ravine in central Texas. The Fox Pro call was twenty five yards below us in a cedar in the bottom of the ravine. We were facing South in the shade with the wind in our face with a cedar thicket to our back. A Remington Versa Max with a EO Tech lay on my lap with 00. My brother to the right had his 223 and 870. I start the piglet distress at half volume for about three minutes. Nothing. Then cranked it all the way up. Two buzzards came in. Then a small Hawk came in screaming and diving. The buzzards left. I turned the volume back down for a couple of minutes and the Hawk pulled out. Then I went silent. After a few minutes I started the sequence all over. This time as soon as i cranked it up all hell broke loose. The Hawk came back diving,screaming,and eyes popping. The cedar thicket behind us sounded like Paton was marching his army towards the ravine. We could see movement,shadows,legs, and could hear snorts. The HOGS were ****ed and coming in a hurry!!!! The hair on your neck is standing and your wondering how you got yourself into this mess.Then down the middle of the ravine comes ALPA DOG. He slams into the cedar where the call is hidden. The EO picks him up and the Remington barks. All goes quite. What a thrill! You have got to try this.

Posting for GEO4061 ...

GEO4061_zpsmec6jyic.jpg

We had been hunting this Alpa Dog for two years. We had tried everything. He would hide out in a cedar thicket and challenge howl and bark at us. No doubt he was trying to beat the hogs to the piglet. He finally let his guard down.

snox reread. The pigs were coming on our left. Just not quite close enough for a shot. Did not want to take a chance and let the dog get away.

We've mopped up some coyote even up here in Mt using piglet sounds, anything to change it up from the standard rabbit and coyote sounds.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.