• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED B-78 browning falling block .300 win. Mag

LiveEye

Browning B-78 Falling block, Made in 1976. #25691 RR147. 26" Octagon barrel. .300-Win Mag. Pretty wood. I've taken many a bear with this rifle.

This rifle could not be factory ordered in .300 Mag.
Custom bored, Re-Chamered, whatever you want to call it.

Total 24,000 made, 1973-82 Comes with Leupold Vari-X II 3x9 scope and Browning blocks & scope rings, and a box of ammo.
96% plus condition. No rust no pitting. I am admittedly nostalgic about this rifle. I didn't start hunting big game until I was in my 30's. This was my first large caliber rifle. I've owned it 20 years.
Buyer pays UPS shipping to your FFL.
$850.00 firm. SEE MORE PHOTOS HERE: http://Bikefixx.smugmug.com/gallery/5594950_2RE53#343291579_YNozb
343291579_YNozb-L.jpg

343292287_RJNHG-L.jpg

343291940_F5bPo-L.jpg

343292729_iebzS-L.jpg

Last edited:
Those are truely beautiful rifles. I have one in .243 with select wood.

That is a great price too!!

Good luck selling!

Jeff

You got a great deal on this!

One of the finest rifles ever made.

This rifle will be back up "for sale" as soon as it is returned.
The buyer felt that I was not clear in my description that Brownning did not offer this in .300 mag. and that it was custom bored to .300 mag.

I have added to the original ad that it was "re-chambered"

My apologies for the confusion.

I'll bump that ad again as soon as I receive the rifle and make it available once again.

When you get it back in your hands, "I'll take it". Let me know. What WAS it chambered for initially, 30-06?

Don't really matter, I'll take it.

When you get it back in your hands, "I'll take it". Let me know. What WAS it chambered for initially, 30-06?

Don't really matter, I'll take it.
It was a 30-06.

So far the last buyer is not communicating with me after he requested that he wanted to return the rifle. He received my FFL Tuesday.
As soon as I hear something i'll post it here.

Finally, the last buyer has contacted me not 20 minutes ago.
He stated that he had sold the rifle already, and that he no longer owns it.

What a hassle this has been!

My apologies!

The rifle is no longer available.