Azimuth in the Applied ballistic software??

Wachsmann

I downloaded the Applied ballistic app to my Iphone. I was running the shooter program on my old phone which always would populate the Azimuth into the data. On my new phone (iphone XR) and new applied app it does not do this. Is this needed for the best shooting solution, or is it needed when only using absolute pressure instead of what the weather from your phone populates into the data?? I was also using a kestrel weather meter with the shooter app on my old phone. I can easily go back to this way but I was hoping to just use my new phone. I think I'll still need my weather meter when I'm out of service area.

I will just have to use the compass in my phone to add this into the shot before I take on. I may just get the kestrel with the applied ballistic software on it and use that also so I will only be taking one device, well still need my range finder, or just get the G7 range finder $$$$.

I have used the G7 for awhile. The one I have is gen 1 in moa only . Fast amazing for my hunting in the Mountains. Ranged a Tree next to a Wolf last fall at 1934 yrds.
I'm headed past 2500 yrds now so if your interested in a G7 give me a shout .
Ps I too like the Shooter app. Just hit steel at 3027 yrds a week ago .

Rum Man

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.