Awsome site!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by deergrunt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. deergrunt

deergrunt Well-Known Member

I'm new to the site and have been learning something new everytime I log on. The only problem is, I found myself spending more time on the net then I do at the range. Its sometimes difficult to seperate the B.S. from fact with all the different vendors and products out there. They all promise to get the job done for you with the latest bullet out there or new "short fat mag". Sometimes I wonder if its just a marketing game to gernerate sales.Winchester has the short fat mags so now Remington has the Ultra's. My father has killed more deer with his old 30/06 Remington using 180 gr round nose factory bullets then any other hunter I know. He said, "All have to do son is double lung em' and they will go down!" Mean while I have a second mortgage just to keep up with the latest and greatest. With this site you guys can do the R&D and I can reap the rewards. Please keep the information coming.

Good Job,
    Deergrunt

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi,
    And, welcome to the site.
    You WILL learn stuff here that you can't find anywhere else. These guys are probabily the biggest bunch of no BS guys on the web. Admitedly, the posts can sometimes get a little in depth. I know that I occasionally ask my self....WHAT the He!! did he just say?
    GREAT site, glad to have YOU with us.

Good Shooting.
    C'ya. John.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I forgot.
    If you're bored, read the forward in your Sierra manual, the author likes to hide here.

C'ya. John.

4. baldeagle713

baldeagle713 Well-Known Member

Hi Deergrunt,
    I'm new to this page also as of june last year and WOW have I learned alot. Also Living next to Boyd Helps [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Boyd Heaton

Boyd Heaton Well-Known Member

Yeah,now Bald Eagle's wife hates me more than my own wife does.Are'nt guns great???? [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. baldeagle713

Now just cause her head spun around six times and she was breathing fire when she saw my credit card bill doesn't mean she hates ya Boyd. [​IMG] It's all Darryl's fault any way [​IMG] Oh loosing my wedding ring last night didn't help! [​IMG] [​IMG] It'll turn up. [​IMG]

7. texas

texas Well-Known Member

Baldeagle 713 you might find your ring at the lawyers office [​IMG] that what my wife told me after I maxed it out on one shopping trip.

Have the bill sent to a p.o. box now and tell her she must have sent the payment off already when she asks. [​IMG]

8. baldeagle713

Still no ring [​IMG] But she's not mad at me now. Yea, guns are great. She saw a piece on the 50 Cal BFG on the out door channel. Her jaw dropped, bounced off the floor, hit the roof, hit the floor again and stayed there when the price of the semiauto 50 cal's price was mentioned($7300). She doesn't feel so bad now especially since I DON'T want one! [​IMG]

9. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

You are suppose to tell her you'd love a Barrett, but will stick to the cheap guns that are under 2 or 3k dollars for a long time. [​IMG] [​IMG] She'd be "gratefull" every time you "only" spent that much from now on! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Jake in NC

Jake in NC Well-Known Member

..Hey guys.. You can always tell'em to be happy you're not a fisherman.!! Bass boat and a truck to haul it probably cost more than I've ever spent on gun stuff.!! And ya havta "keep up with Fred" by buying a new sparkly boat every few years..
    ..OR... Show'em what a car collector's credit card bill looks like... Sandy still thinks she gets out cheap with my hobby..!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. baldeagle713

Thanks for the tips guy's! I'll be goin to the range tomarrow. Hope it's above freezin IF not I'll still have a BLAST!! [​IMG] [​IMG]