Blackpowder LR site??

rost495

Anyone aware of a good Black powder website with good info, especially related to pushing the blackpowder rifles to their limits in hunting?

Thanks, Jeff

Then again, I've playing with the idea of getting a used savage muzzleloader and installing a 34" barrel on it. This would be easy to do since I have a wrench and barrel blocks for a switch barrel savage that I'm working on now. Something to think about.

Ronnie

They just blew one of those Savages up (same website). Personally if I had a smokeless ML I'd stay away from pushing it as I don't trust the technology yet.
You can do pretty good with Triple 7 powder. As soon as I finish pillar bedding my Omega in a couple weeks I'm going to attempt to tune up a 500 yard load. 300 was a piece of cake. For hunting deer-sized game you're pretty much limited to 400 yards, even with smokeless, because the bullets aren't efficient enough to carry sufficient energy that far.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.