Awsome site!!

deergrunt

I'm new to the site and have been learning something new everytime I log on. The only problem is, I found myself spending more time on the net then I do at the range. Its sometimes difficult to seperate the B.S. from fact with all the different vendors and products out there. They all promise to get the job done for you with the latest bullet out there or new "short fat mag". Sometimes I wonder if its just a marketing game to gernerate sales.Winchester has the short fat mags so now Remington has the Ultra's. My father has killed more deer with his old 30/06 Remington using 180 gr round nose factory bullets then any other hunter I know. He said, "All have to do son is double lung em' and they will go down!" Mean while I have a second mortgage just to keep up with the latest and greatest. With this site you guys can do the R&D and I can reap the rewards. Please keep the information coming.

Good Job,
Deergrunt

Hi,
And, welcome to the site.
You WILL learn stuff here that you can't find anywhere else. These guys are probabily the biggest bunch of no BS guys on the web. Admitedly, the posts can sometimes get a little in depth. I know that I occasionally ask my self....WHAT the He!! did he just say?
GREAT site, glad to have YOU with us.

Good Shooting.
C'ya. John.

I forgot.
If you're bored, read the forward in your Sierra manual, the author likes to hide here.

C'ya. John.

Hi Deergrunt,
I'm new to this page also as of june last year and WOW have I learned alot. Also Living next to Boyd Helps
wink.gif
grin.gif

Now just cause her head spun around six times and she was breathing fire when she saw my credit card bill doesn't mean she hates ya Boyd.
rolleyes.gif
It's all Darryl's fault any way
grin.gif
Oh loosing my wedding ring last night didn't help!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
It'll turn up.
smile.gif

Baldeagle 713 you might find your ring at the lawyers office
grin.gif
that what my wife told me after I maxed it out on one shopping trip.

Have the bill sent to a p.o. box now and tell her she must have sent the payment off already when she asks.
wink.gif

Still no ring
confused.gif
But she's not mad at me now. Yea, guns are great. She saw a piece on the 50 Cal BFG on the out door channel. Her jaw dropped, bounced off the floor, hit the roof, hit the floor again and stayed there when the price of the semiauto 50 cal's price was mentioned($7300). She doesn't feel so bad now especially since I DON'T want one!
rolleyes.gif

You are suppose to tell her you'd love a Barrett, but will stick to the cheap guns that are under 2 or 3k dollars for a long time.
grin.gif
grin.gif
She'd be "gratefull" every time you "only" spent that much from now on!
grin.gif
grin.gif

..Hey guys.. You can always tell'em to be happy you're not a fisherman.!! Bass boat and a truck to haul it probably cost more than I've ever spent on gun stuff.!! And ya havta "keep up with Fred" by buying a new sparkly boat every few years..
..OR... Show'em what a car collector's credit card bill looks like... Sandy still thinks she gets out cheap with my hobby..!!
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.