Athlon Cronus

Correct only in mils for the BTR. I don't think they have any intention of releasing a MOA version

For those who have been around both the G1 and G2, are the upgrades in the G2 worth the extra $$?

I really wanted to stay with MOA because all my other gear is in MOA, would even have to upgrade my BR2 range finder. The more that I look into it, the less set I am on MOA though. It works well for what I have been doing but maybe not for the intended purpose of this rig. If you start thinking in units vs inches, MIL seems easier.

Looking at the reticle choices too, I prefer the Cronus to the Vortex in MOA and MIL. Thats without using them though, so it doesn't say much.

The BTR is better for two critical reasons to me. One the reticle is a third finer. And two. The parallax is really really nice. From what I've read and experienced in practice. You cannot and must not translate MOA or MIL to a measurement of length. What one does is think of it only in angle. Both are angle MOA and MIL. For me I thought MOA in inches. It was better for me to go to MIL because it was new to only think mil in mil. "Your 1 click high and 2 clicks left." Then you will live only in mil and that will help your thinking and shooting. With MOA I was always trying to do math... why? There's no need. It's not exact anyway. 1 MOA isn't really an inch at100. So when you go wayyyy out. It's really bad. Just keep angle is terms of angle and length to length and your head won't hurt anymore. And You can enjoy your successful transfer to Mil from MOA.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.