Athlon Argos BTR 6.5x24x50mm??

• Thread starter Deleted member 48126
  • Start date
I was looking at the Argos recently. I need a scope for my new CZ 455 Varmint .22 and don't want to break the bank. The Argos has some nice features and I was tempted to get one. I don't like 6-24x scopes for hunting though. Too narrow field of view for my taste. With the .22 rifle I wanted a scope that would focus at close range (most scopes bottom out at 50 yards), and the Argos goes down to 10 yards. If they made the BTR model in a 4-16 I'd probably own one.

I'm still looking for a scope but leaning heavily toward the Sightron S-tac. I'd prefer the exposed turrets like the Athlon has though (the Sightron has capped target turrets). It comes in a 3-16x and will focus nice and close.

Here's a better pic of the BSA FFP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 96
I was looking at the Argos recently. I need a scope for my new CZ 455 Varmint .22 and don't want to break the bank. The Argos has some nice features and I was tempted to get one. I don't like 6-24x scopes for hunting though. Too narrow field of view for my taste. With the .22 rifle I wanted a scope that would focus at close range (most scopes bottom out at 50 yards), and the Argos goes down to 10 yards. If they made the BTR model in a 4-16 I'd probably own one.

I'm still looking for a scope but leaning heavily toward the Sightron S-tac. I'd prefer the exposed turrets like the Athlon has though (the Sightron has capped target turrets). It comes in a 3-16x and will focus nice and close.
And the price difference is ????

And the price difference is ????

I think they are the same price roughly. Both under $400. The Argos has more bells and whistles but I don't care about that. I only care about tracking, toughness, and clear glass. Right now it has some pretty good glass.

I think they are the same price roughly. Both under $400. The Argos has more bells and whistles but I don't care about that. I only care about tracking, toughness, and clear glass. Right now it has some pretty good glass.
no the Sightron S-tac moa are $100.00 more at optics planet. and the sightrons are way better quality scopes than the Athlons for toughness, tracking and recticals....

I have just not been impressed with my two Athlons..... even the reviews indicate this.

Now it might be a whole different story for there 500.00 to 800.00 dollar models !

Last edited:

If you like the sightron s-tac you can remove the caps for exposed turrets !

They are just there for turret protection during and for rough handling conditions such as climbing in rock.....

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.