Athlon ARES BTR

MAD10

I own three Athlon Cronus for the very reason the OP is pointing out.

Oddly enough one guy contacted me about buying one NIB I have for sale...then didn't do the math and bought a lesser scope with less accessories for more money than I am asking bahahahaha

Clay Target Guy

I wish I had the extra $$$ to load the wagon while they are on special.
I am excited to see what I can do when I get it to the range.

bdlesh

I bought a Athlon Argos 6x24x50 after seeing them mentioned on several forums. I am impressed how good the glass is and how well it tracks. For the money they are pretty solid. Next I want to try a Talos for a old hunting rifle and Ares for a custom build to see how they stack up.

CaptnC

I bought a Athlon Argos 6x24x50 after seeing them mentioned on several forums. I am impressed how good the glass is and how well it tracks. For the money they are pretty solid. Next I want to try a Talos for a old hunting rifle and Ares for a custom build to see how they stack up.

I have 4 Athlon scopes.

I use the Talos on my hunting 6.5 Grendel AR's. I don't dial them so the covered turrets are fine. I do use the reticles for hold over out past 200yds when shooting steel. Just recently picked up a pair of the Argos that have been getting some limited dial up usage. They have preformed perfectly so far! They are both FFP...my first and now see the popularity of that feature.

I don't have deep pockets and I'd rather play around with a dozen guns than to dump all my money into one. But I do have three SWFA scopes on my "long range" rifles that get the knob turned on them a lot more.

Both the Talos and the Argo's max power is 24 and all 4 seem a bit foggy but at normal hunting powers (10x to 16x) both lines are quite clear for hunting even at dusk!

5.56×250

I bought the midas tac 6-24×50. Mushy turrets are NOT an issue with this scope. That is one of the minor issues athlon fixed when they built the tac scope. Also comes with a zero stop feature that is a dead solid stop at your original zero. Glass seems better than my sightron s tac, Burris m tac, or the Nikon monarchs, leupold vx3s I've owned as well. So far , I'm super impressed , especially for a Chinese scope. I never would have thought their HD glass would stack up, but it does. 24x is just as crisp as 6x ! Havent done any serious tracking tests but zeroing showed no issues as far as movement goes. Its 1/10th mil adjust per click and had a nice recticle, FFP .All in all, I'm very happy so far.

gohring3006

LRH Team Member
The Ares BTR is the best 550$ scope out there right now hands down. At 850$ retail, it’s in middle of the pack.

Last edited:

TejasRider

I really have been happy with the glass and the tracking of my Ares BTR as well. Like others have said, though, the turrets on mine feel pretty mushy compared to my Vortex scopes. I haven't yet looked into cleaning out the grease or removing o-ring so hopefully one of those will help.

SavageHunter11

I really have been happy with the glass and the tracking of my Ares BTR as well. Like others have said, though, the turrets on mine feel pretty mushy compared to my Vortex scopes. I haven't yet looked into cleaning out the grease or removing o-ring so hopefully one of those will help.
It's absolutely worth the 2 minutes it takes to remove the O-ring

JimmyO

I just saw Midway has these on clearance for $400.

Camera Land NY has them at $415 but does not charge state sales tax! An even better deal!

jgs8163

LRH Team Member
I just saw Midway has these on clearance for $400.

Camera Land NY has them at $415 but does not charge state sales tax! An even better deal!

it depends where you live weather they charge tax or not. I got mine from Midway yesterday in MIL and it had the new designed Turrets. 399 and free shipping

geocodyrgia

Have had an Ares BTR for a little over a year I guess on my 6 Creed RPR. It’s been very good. I’m strongly considering getting the ETR after really liking the open middle with small dot on a Golden Eagle I picked up. The Ares was good enough that I grabbed a Midas HMR with the BDC reticle. Have a Handi Rifle with 25-06, 270 and 30-06 barrels with QD rings and plan to just have different drop charts for each.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.