Atacr

oja0530

NEED HELP BETWEEN FFP OR SFP. WILL BE USED MOSTLY FOR HUNTING LR, AND SHOOTING LR. THINKING ABOUT COMPETITION, BUT NOT THERE YET. ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE. I GOT A NF 3.5-15×50, ON REM700 .338 LAPUA. I KNOW I AM UNDER POWERED FOR WHAT I'M LOOKING TO DO. LOOKING TO REACH OUT, AND TOUCH. IF, YOU CATCH MY DRIFT. gun)

I have 2 ACTAR NF scopes one on a Sako TRG 338LM and the other on a Sako LR Hunter 338 LM. Both scopes are 2nd FP with the MOAR reticle and Zero stop. If you are going to shoot 800-1000yds these are great scopes for the $$. That being said I also have 4 NXS 2.5X22X56 with MOAR reticle 2nd FP and Zero Stop and they will do the job also for alittle less $$.gun)

If you are thinking AT ALL about using this scope for competition, go FFP hands down. I have both FFP and SFP, I still have no issues with SFP on hunting rigs especially when you are going to use them on lower power, I feel SFP has a slight advantage. However, any scope you MAY use for competition I would suggest FFP. I'll never run a SFP scope in competition, there are just too many pro's to running FFP.

I got the ATACR 4-16 F1. My first first focal plane scope and so far I love it. The MOAR is great and I really appreciate the ability to use it at less than full power.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.