ATACR will I hate the weight?

WEATHERBY460

I need a good long range scope. I plan to put this on a Sendero type weight gun. Will this scope be to heavy to lug around on this gun?

The "Sendero" is about 8.5 lbs. The ATACR is about 2.5 lbs, add rings, bases, sling, your going to come in 12 lbs or close.

Some of the new models next year will cut about 8 ounces. When I looked at the 4-16 thats what I remember anyway.

I will say getting behind my ATACR for the first time, was really a "Where have you been all my life moment".

I am ready to buy either the ATACR or NSX 5.5x22x56. How would you compare the optics/resolution/color/light, etc. between the two.

I am not crazy about the weight and extra size of the ATACR over the NSX but I will buy it if the ATACR's optics are a significant improvement over the NSX's glass

Whatdaya Think???

Great post BTW!gun)

Just posted in a different thread, but I'll repeat it here. I had a 3.5-15NXS, and although I thought it was a great scope, the glass on the ATACR is a big step up.

As far as the difference in size/weight between the NXS abd ATACR, i did not think that they were that much dofference. They are both heavy and bulky compared to a lot of other scopes, though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.