at least wait 'till i'm gone

djones

bb1b_zps1968c072.jpg

the two hogs on the right went down without incident. i really don't know how the left hog survived a shot to the ear, but i approached with utmost confidence that he was drt (dead right there). i didn't even take my gun since no finishing shot was anticipated. as i knelt to admire the cutters, he lunged, knocking me down with teeth gnawing and gnashing.

bb3b_zpsb1cde87d.jpg

i grabbed his bottom cutters, one in each hand, to keep his snapping jaw away. i thought i might be able to roll him over, get on top and kick him in the nuts, but he was more than i could handle. plan b was to twist his head until his neck snapped. i got him in a scissor lock and began torquing his head when suddenly one cutter broke off in my hand. i couldn't hold him with just the other tooth, so i had no choice but to cram my arm down his throat to suffocate him.

bb2b_zpsad38e63e.jpg

his twin brother heard the fight and came over to join in. with my arm stuck down his throat to the elbow, i used the only weapon i had, and repeatedly stabbed the other hog in the eye with the first hog's tooth.

bb4b_zps9849e98f.jpg

i don't mind feeding the yotes, but they really ought to wait until i leave.

holy Hanna that is the craziest finishing story ever! I'm guessing your a carpenter (the re-bar)?

Did you shoot the twin brother before he attacked you?

Boy, that's way too western for me!!!

Where were you hunting? Nice cutters.

That's the prob w/hog huntin'.

Ya always know that there is a darn good chance of becoming the hunted.

Sidecar, they be good eatin' but there are so **** many of them it's ok to LTT (leave them there)

I was in a pen w/several hogs and one dog. Enough for me!

Hog hunters r real men!!

Who wudda tho't under those conditions to roll him over and hick'em in the nuts?:D

There is never a reason to let a good story suffer from telling it poorly.:D What kind of crops did you say you were guarding this time.:) Way more fun than I've had lately.

Candidly, thats not for me. Those muzzles look like a bad day about to happen and that gun ain't big enough. I'd have to use my 338 if I did it, which I wouldn't.

Sort of like one of the guys at work that got his bear this year up in canada, with a bow, at 15 feet. Didn't ask him if he shat his drawers, but I bet he did.

I for one, don't want to be staring at a 6 plus foot high bear at 15 feet....:)

Oh man, I think I figured out what needs to be done in January. Been wondering what to do since they cancelled tanners this year, that just looks like way to much fun.

Any recommendations on what states are best? And is it predominantly a private land deal, or are there places for the "do it yourselfers"?

Congrats on what looks like a fun hunt.

flip - i suppose you could eat them, if they don't eat you first. and no I didn't crap my pants… i checked!!!

Angus - nope not a carpenter, just a killer

Coy - hunting your neck of the woods, almost in your backyard... might want to keep your blinds pulled down!

HARP - shot these in tall crp grass between two cotton fields

Fish - i haven't hunted hogs anywhere but texas, but there seems to be plenty to go around. rather than pick one off sitting in someone's deer stand, you might look into chasing them down with dogs and stabbing it. not that i'm blood thirsty or anything. it's just at my age warm whisky and white lace will only take you so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.